What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
look Sandow reminds me of Allan Langer when he burst onto the scene all those years ago, if he turns out half as good as Langer than that would do me.

caylo

Bench
If Thurston and Cronk were unavailable for selection for this years QLD side i wouldnt be surprised if Sandow was selected before Prince on top of Sandows good and Prince's bad form.

Scott Prince - 31 years old
Johnathan Thurston - 29 years old
Cooper Cronk - 28 years old (in december)

Chris Sandow - 22 years old

We have already seen Prince slow up at 31, Thurston and Cronk has tops 5 years left in them if they play until 34 like lockyer. I would say in 3 years tops Sandow will debu for QLD whether it be off the bench or in the halves (assuming no T.Smith melt down). I highly doubt Prince will see origin ever again tbh because his form isn't very crash hot and Cronk is definatly ahead of him.

Sandow at his age is so far ahead of most players his age in terms of development. We have the kid tied up for 3/4 years and once he hits 25 he should be nearing his peak. Its a good investment assuming he continues to develop as a player.

CrazyEel

Bench
Scott Prince - 31 years old
Johnathan Thurston - 29 years old
Cooper Cronk - 28 years old (in december)

Chris Sandow - 22 years old

We have already seen Prince slow up at 31, Thurston and Cronk has tops 5 years left in them if they play until 34 like lockyer. I would say in 3 years tops Sandow will debu for QLD whether it be off the bench or in the halves (assuming no T.Smith melt down). I highly doubt Prince will see origin ever again tbh because his form isn't very crash hot and Cronk is definatly ahead of him.

Sandow at his age is so far ahead of most players his age in terms of development. We have the kid tied up for 3/4 years and once he hits 25 he should be nearing his peak. Its a good investment assuming he continues to develop as a player.
As you say, it is based on a few assumptions but I agree with you, when considering his age and the upcoming impact on the salary cap from tv rights it does appear to be a very good investment.

natheel

Coach
any word on Joel Reddy? i really hope he stays. hopefully with this sandow stuff behind us then the club can resign some players that deserve to stay here with reddy being on of them, he hasnt let us down and would be one to come and bite us on the arse big time.

League_God

Juniors
Sandow is a great signing for you guys. Here is such a raw talent. It was glaringly obvious watching Souths vs Roosters one game that Mitchell Pearce looked like he had been coached to play football since the time he could walk. He always takes the safe options and just knows what he should do.
Sandow was the opposite.
Sandow looked like he learned the majority of what he knows about footy playing after school and in the backyard. He is such a raw talent. With a good coach, he could be anything. He has all the talent in the world, he just needs 1 fifth of the coaching Pearce has had.

unclekane

Juniors
I think we should dump Reddy and chase Hopoate, Champion and Sau and hope we can land two of them.

Reddy has been a good defender for us but offers nothing in attack and we need centres who can do both.

Suitman

Post Whore
any word on Joel Reddy? i really hope he stays. hopefully with this sandow stuff behind us then the club can resign some players that deserve to stay here with reddy being on of them, he hasnt let us down and would be one to come and bite us on the arse big time.

I actually disagree with everything you said.
We wouldn't miss him, and he wouldn't come back to bite us on the arse.
Average at best.

Suity

ParraSteve

Juniors
Im with suity, I like reddy, but we wouldnt miss him. i think his defence can be a bit overated at times, he's missed some easy tackles over the years.

parra pete

Referee
If you take into account the transfer fee, that's nearly as much as your mob paid for Matt Orford.

Does Orford even have teeth anymore?

Probably not, and Orford looks to be a 'dud' at this stage, but he is just warming a spot for Campo, who'll be back in a couple more weeks. Plus Ox has been good for Sam Williams and Josh McCrone, according to the Raiders coaching staff
The return of Campo, at least, provides a light at the end of the tunnel.
I have no beef with Sandow as he actually played with the Raiders QLD Cup Club, Souths Logan Magpies, of which I am as card carrying member....Good on him, and good luck to the Eels on enticing him. I am pretty confident that Quade Cooper is locked up with you blokes as well and boy, won't they be exciting as they weave their magic....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts