What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Adam Blair would be a better long-term proposition than Myles.
Better off spending an extra $100k and get Adam.

Champion is still quite young so would be worth getting for around $200k but then there are many other good backs to acquire like Willie Tonga.

It seems getting Hopoate and Blair are major priorities.

What happened to Sika Manu? Is he too injury prone?
At a reasonable price he would be worth getting too.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Why did Beu go to melbourne for 1 year?

images
???

attamarrap

Juniors
I agree we dont need both, but are we realistically going to get Hoppa given his pedigree? It would shock me if he leaves Manly....as for Champion, he is available NOW...
If it was me I'd be trying to get away from that name and what it's associated with

boxhead

First Grade
That article on Ben Roberts' interests me, especially considering an early release to us (if we are chasing him) could very well happen given the article about him being released a few days ago.

Gronk

Staff member
The dogs have already said no to an early release for Roberts.

CANTERBURY have shut down any chance of Ben Roberts getting an NRL start elsewhere this season.

It's understood Gold Coast and Cronulla were keen to rescue the Kiwi international from NSW Cup purgatory behind new halves combo Kris Keating and Trent Hodkinson.

Roberts' manager fronted the Bulldogs earlier this week about the 25-year-old's first grade prospects.

While no release was requested, the club made it clear Roberts would be staying put after he sat out most of last season injured but on full pay.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...l/story-e6frexnr-1226031651550?from=public_js

Gronk

Staff member
BTW some trivia, Roberts is a Fairfield Pats boy (same as Sterlo) and is the cousin of Tim Cahill.

5'11, 90kgs

86 fg games
5 tests for NZ

Born @ Westmead

25 years old

Last edited:

Snoochies

First Grade
I think I heard the commentators last week say that Roberts was playing really well in the NSW cup.

boxhead

First Grade

Huh, I thought the Telecrap were the ones to report that Roberts could get an early release? Doesn't matter though I guess.

BTW some trivia, Roberts is a Fairfield Pats boy (same as Sterlo) and is the cousin of Tim Cahill.

5'11, 90kgs

86 fg games
5 tests for NZ

Born @ Westmead

25 years old

Talented, good short-kicking game, very inconsistent though is about right?

Gronk

Staff member
Talented, good short-kicking game, very inconsistent though is about right?

Yes he's known for making poor decisions, but that can be coached out of him.

I guess we have to be realistic, he was overlooked for a FG spot when they bought KK.

SDM

First Grade
His is much faster than our 5/8, makes some dumb plays, but can really get outside his man.

Gronk

Staff member
Jodeci has been spot on in this saga. He keeps turning between Souths and Parra. Souths will table another offer today to Chris.
Chris actually lives across the road from Redfern Oval so he would most definitely have to move houses.

It would be quite awkward playing for Parramatta and leaving your house and your old team mates are training across the road :D
IT was while he was playing with his three young children in the living room of his Rosebery unit late on Tuesday that Chris Sandow decided he would accept a mega-rich offer from Parramatta and leave his mates at South Sydney.

Just another example of how people just make sh!t up so that they look like they are in the know. :roll:

SDM

First Grade
He can get a house with a backyard for the kids somewhere nice like Auburn, Ermo or Telopea.

born an eel

Bench
Just another example of how people just make sh!t up so that they look like they are in the know. :roll:
you both could be right, Two cheques sent to two different addresses to create a different money trail to throw any investigations off. ;-)

I think you wiil find Rusty will have at least 25 different houses in his name. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.