What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parra Pride

Referee
wow, we must have some spare coin.

We were apparently $1,000,000 or there abouts under, lets say Sandow is now going to be at $400,000 give or take $50,000, that leaves us with $550,000-$600,000, I believe we could fit two of those into that $600,000. Of course thats all assuming some of the figures getting thrown around are true.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
And this madam can play hooker
Recommended to the Eels by Hugh Hefner
332948-heidi-fleiss.jpg

Our 2012 Spine
1. Hayne
6. Cooper
7. Sandow
9. Fleiss

Mickyd39

Juniors
We were apparently $1,000,000 or there abouts under, lets say Sandow is now going to be at $400,000 give or take $50,000, that leaves us with $550,000-$600,000, I believe we could fit two of those into that $600,000. Of course thats all assuming some of the figures getting thrown around are true.

i knew we were under the cap but not by $1 million.:crazy:

Hoppa Jnr come on down.

Parra Pride

Referee

Hoppa Jnr come on down.

I don't know if that is the amount we are under, but it is an amount that I have seen thrown around frequently, and like I said, its all assuming the amounts that get thrown around are true.

Eels Dude

Coach

Hoppa Jnr come on down.

I would assume that when the figure 1 million is thrown up it, it's referring to what cap space we have remaining for next year not this year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I would assume that when the figure 1 million is thrown up it, it's referring to what cap space we have remaining for next year not this year.

Yep.

It would have to include the guys off-contract as well as existing cap space.

Certainly nice to have some room to manoeuvre.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Reddy would be the biggest ommision.Robson,walker,Hicks would all be on very little $$$ But would still free up what Sandow probably cost.So that leaves us still with 600 we had over this year plus whatever is left from frontlaoding players this year.
Id go hard for hoppa.Than leave it at that.Maybe a few back up sigings or good young guys.
I wont be suprised if we offload Ben Smith to UK. But with REni-POH-Rory Brien and ill throw this guys name in Mathew Eisenhuth (like the looks of this guys) and dont foregt billy Rodgers-We have depth here

Craig Johnston

First Grade
what's the go with champion, it looks like he hasn't signed for titans yet, he has stated that he is looking at some sydney clubs, and south sydney isn't one of them.....yet.

i'd be fine with letting reddy go for him

parra pete

Referee
Is this a hunch or a "hunch" if you get my drift!

Just a gut feeling...I can't believe the administrators put so much time into him last season for him to sign a 1 year deal with Rugby..without the Eels having something in their pocket..He wouldn't waste his time, nor would they...
I'm probably wrong, but I don't think so....He's not going to blab it before the World Cup is he....

dazeely

First Grade
Hope your right Pete but probably testing the waters and in the end bumping up his price to stay in the game.

Chipmunk

Coach
what's the go with champion, it looks like he hasn't signed for titans yet, he has stated that he is looking at some sydney clubs, and south sydney isn't one of them.....yet.

i'd be fine with letting reddy go for him

I find it absolutely ridiculous that we didnt sign Champion when he was offered to us at the end of last year and I find it even more bizarre that he wants to leave Melbourne because he wants to be closer to family and we havent already signed him up.....get a deal done now!! His family arent any closer to the Gold Coast than they would be in Melbourne.

slammingsam

Juniors
Junior Vaivai has been stood down from playing for the Bears.
He has had issues with his attitude previously.
I wonder if an early release to you guys is on the cards..

hindy111

Post Whore
Im not sure we need Myles?
Champion would be good but not sure if we need him and hoppa.

Chipmunk

Coach
Im not sure we need Myles?
Champion would be good but not sure if we need him and hoppa.

I agree we dont need both, but are we realistically going to get Hoppa given his pedigree? It would shock me if he leaves Manly....as for Champion, he is available NOW...

Status
Not open for further replies.