What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cocidius

Juniors
Not very interested in Falou, too slow and cumbersome. Not worth what he would cost.

Stagger mentioned that we will only be after players coming off contract....Falou is contracted to GWS in 2012 and beyond....

jono

Juniors
I think we all know Folau for GWS has always been a PR exercise to entice the Poly youth of GWS to AFL and so their war chest paid massive overs for him.
Same as cutie in SEQ .
It would seem that as a professional sportsman , Israel can see that in AFL he cannot fill a sportman's basic raison d'etre , that is , to play sport.
Israel Folau , Parramatta No 3 shirt , 2012 , sounds good!

jono

Juniors
bugger him

he should not be allowed bsck

I admire your stance on the principle , but if we have an opportunity to enlist a proven international outside back ,who incidentally is mates with our best back , surely we can look past his defection?
I guess all this speculation is just that isn't it -- just speculation

I think we all know Folau for GWS has always been a PR exercise to entice the Poly youth of GWS to AFL and so their war chest paid massive overs for him.
Same as cutie in SEQ .
It would seem that as a professional sportsman , Israel can see that in AFL he cannot fill a sportman's basic raison d'etre , that is , to play sport.
Israel Folau , Parramatta No 3 shirt , 2012 , sounds good!
you have a source, I'm not revealing mine and my post was deleted by the fun police!

He didn't walk out like SBW.

I wouldn't have an issue with him on that basis.

If someone offered me 3x the amount I was earning to do something I only had a slight idea about & the employer was happy to guarantee me 3 years, I wouldn't say no.

TeHEel

Juniors
Yeah even thinking they should not be welcome back is a joke. He fulfilled his contract and that is all his club and the NRL can ask for....

Jason70

Juniors
Not very interested in Falou, too slow and cumbersome. Not worth what he would cost.

Not interested in Folau, fair dinkum, has anyone watched the rubbish that has been served up lately by our team. I doubt very much if he would consider playing for us, I hope i am wrong, but if he did every Parramatta fan should be joyous.

Agree he would probably get paid overs but we are that ordinary atm, we have no choice

hindy111

Post Whore
Izzy was offered a ridiculous amount of money.He was forced to go.We are talking 1 million a year extra.
You would be a fool to turn that down.
If he wants to come back it would be a great coup for the NRL.But i wouldnt want to be paying the guy 400+ a year.Not for a centre.

CrazyEel

Bench
you have a source, I'm not revealing mine and my post was deleted by the fun police!
LOL Most likely the same as yours, the other site that can not be named :lol:

Anything's possible I suppose but there are genuine mega bucks involved in that contract and Izzy won't be walking out on that sort of payment and neither will the AFL fork out a few mill just to be rid of him.

El Diablo

Post Whore

art_israel-folau-420x0.jpg

give the poor bloke a feed ffs

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
the fact we signed Sandow has turned me around, and i have heard the odd whisper as well.
Seems like the reason we signed Sandow was the stealth mission we are on at present which is the complete opposite of what was happening the last few years and now it looks like things might fall into place.

And now with a good halfback, plus a superstar fullback and quality front rowers we already have the base of a very good team - this makes us a good option for players now.

I reckon a few players may have knocked us back because theyc could see we didn't have a quality half back and without one it is very hard to win a comp, thus why we threw the big $dollars at Sandow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts