What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDM

First Grade
If you are happy with driving up the prices of bigger names and feeding off what is left, all power to you. I'd rather see the club look at players that have a bigger upside. I mean Roberts is playing behind a player our club didn't believe was a good choice for our halves. Doesn't say much for our recruitment if we are chasing blokes behind ones we passed over.

My opinion is that we are assembling a handy squad for next year. I reckon we got the best halfback on the market, a good centre with 1st grade under his belt and hopefully we are not done yet.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Because he was reserve grader and we had two test players ahead of him.

thats what I mean, he'll be behind Champion and Idriss who at this stage of thier careers are better than him

doesn't mean he cant be a very good player like his brother, also the fact that its only a 2 year contract tell me we are not quiet sure either

The Colonel

Immortal
My opinion is that we are assembling a handy squad for next year. I reckon we got the best halfback on the market, a good centre with 1st grade under his belt and hopefully we are not done yet.

While I am glad we aren't done yet and see potential in Tonga i believe we have a Dykes situation in Sandow and a solid utility player who are potentially our first choice halves for next season. it is an improve,ent to where we are but only just if it goes pear shaped.

Gronk

Staff member
thats what I mean, he'll be behind Champion and Idriss who at this stage of thier careers are better than him

doesn't mean he cant be a very good player like his brother, also the fact that its only a 2 year contract tell me we are not quiet sure either

Sure, but they felt the need to shop for players to replace him. They'd had enough.

So for 2012 we'll have Ryan Morgan, Esi Tonga and Loko vying for 2 spots. All pretty much unproven rookies with potential. Might work out great ...

SDM

First Grade
I am not too keen on Paterson though, I think now we must target players who will do a job consistently, we can't afford to have any more hot/cold players on our books. We dont need errors from forwards who want to try dumb things as we will have a few backs who can set up plays with speed and skill.

forward pass

Coach
If you are happy with driving up the prices of bigger names and feeding off what is left, all power to you. I'd rather see the club look at players that have a bigger upside. I mean Roberts is playing behind a player our club didn't believe was a good choice for our halves. Doesn't say much for our recruitment if we are chasing blokes behind ones we passed over.

Jeezus Colonel - you are starting to become a narc........

Cocidius

Juniors
People have to remember the strength of players signed is dependent on the market strength.
Our first priority was a halfback and the management signed the best halfback available on the market. Everyone knows that Sandow is not the complete player, although he is alot closer to becoming a dominant halfback that we need then other players running around off contract.
We then moved on to signing a 5/8th. Besides Wallace, who else is on the market that would you consider a top signing? Chances of Wallace leaving Brisbane, espically when they see him as Darren's replacement is very unlikely. Managment had too look to Cup football, and as much as everyone has there favourate young talent coming through...Roberts has been the standout!
Outside backs had the most talent to choose from with the major 4 being Idris, Hppa, Champion and Yee Yow. Idris and Yee were/are never a realistic chance. Hoppa chose a different path and Champion, well he would of been good playing outside a strike center...somthing our club does not have. It is obvious that management are banking on either Esi or Loko developing in a strike center.
IMO the only player that the eels should really spend the cash on is Blair...as he is a proven second rower we need...i guess we will see what happens their and who we sign...

Bigfella

Coach
The titans have gone for marquee and established centres.

We are obviously looking at the blokes who are ready to contribute at first grade level with the potential to move to the next level, but aren't there yet.

I see that as good value purchasing. Champions best form was a couple of seasons back when he was pretty much at esi's stage of development.

I'm not concerned about the fact the titans went to the top shelf and had to let a pomoaong youngster go to do so. There have been heaps of occasions where that has produces great pick ups for clubs.

And I have to laugh at colonel's dummy spit because he doesn't rate sandow.

Sandow has been the signining of the year by any club.

MrT

Juniors
And who is to say that all of our recruiting will be done this year for next season. I'm assuming we will sign at least 5 players with 1st grade experience, we have 3 already. There may be a player or two we target next year also

Suitman

Post Whore
my point was that it doesn't matter what he does, they'll still let him play

a lesser player would have been nuked

Agreed.
Any lesser known player with the amount of offences Carney has had would have been put out to pasture by now.
Even at his previous court appearance, the judge told him that if she saw him back in her court room, he'd be going to jail. (I think that was the Goulburn incident). Lucky he didn't come up against her this time.

He's a protected species and god forbid, the last thing the NRL wants is their Dally M winner in a ball and chain breaking rocks.

Suity

pedge

Juniors
Sorry boxy, stealing ur thunder

1 Hayne
2 Burt
3 Loko
4 Tonga/Morgan
5 Atkins/Morgan/???
6 Roberts
7 Sandow
8 FFMM
9 McGuire
10 Mannah
11 Hindmarsh
12 ????
13 Maitua

14 Keating
15 Shack
16 Horo
17 Poore

Shaping up ok for next year… Still feel we need a speedy winger, not sure what is coming through the grades on that front…If we threw an adam blair into that #12 jersey, I would be extremely excited!

SDM

First Grade
I know people get the shits when I bag Poore, but if he is there we cant afford Blair.

forward pass

Coach
Agreed.
Any lesser known player with the amount of offences Carney has had would have been put out to pasture by now.
Even at his previous court appearance, the judge told him that if she saw him back in her court room, he'd be going to jail. (I think that was the Goulburn incident). Lucky he didn't come up against her this time.

He's a protected species and god forbid, the last thing the NRL wants is their Dally M winner in a ball and chain breaking rocks.

Suity

All fair points but driving offences are not exactly hanging offences. This bloke needs educating, rehabilitation and an activity to keep him occupied - like playing footy.

Anyway, we are digressing from the thread subject. Apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts