What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eels Dude

Coach
Have the Titans really recruited so well??? I mean they have signed some big names but have spent a fortune on two centres which one of them could be playing back row in a few years time.

Champion is a good player but hardly a world beater, Dougla's is a good honest player and so is Myles. But losing friend,Presto and Prince ageing their spine still looks average at best. Zillman who should be at fullback with probably be stuck playing 6 again unless the Seizer can produce the goods. Plus their depth may be tested.

I think if we can Jag another outsides back and a good wide running backrower we will have done pretty well all thing considering. 4 weeks ago we thought we would jag no one at all.

The Titans are sort of in the same position as us. They are planning well for the long term. They've got a lot of old players on their books and they're cleaning out the dead wood to get some youth in and losing Presto, Friend, Laffranchi, and Myers is part of that process. They've signed 4 younger players, and 4 of the best younger players on the open market who are about to enter the prime of their careers. You cannot do any better than that.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Titans are sort of in the same position as us. They are planning well for the long term. They've got a lot of old players on their books and they're cleaning out the dead wood to get some youth in and losing Presto, Friend, Laffranchi, and Myers is part of that process. They've signed 4 younger players, and 4 of the best younger players on the open market who are about to enter the prime of their careers. You cannot do any better than that.
True but their recruitment reminds me a little of us last yr. Did well in the forwards and bought some strike power out wide, but losing Friend,Presto and Laffranchi and not strengthening their spine could be a massive mistake. And Prince is really looking his age. We lost Kinga who was hardly as instrumental as Friend and it hurt us bad.

Cocidius

Juniors
It funny when the players you sign are either talking to the sharkies or us...says alot of the type of player they are????
Hope they do step up...but just dont get overally excited for next season...

Gronk

Staff member
knightslogorgb2_normal.png

NRLKnights Newcastle Knights by ONE_NRL

Former Australian dual International Timana Tahu, has today confirmed he will be returning home to the Newcastle Knights.

http://twitter.com/#!/NRLKnights/status/71065078836887553 Favorite Retweet Reply

H0WZAT

Juniors
De Gois if he can stay fit would be an awesome pick up.

But he is a reject, why do we want Newcastle's sloppy seconds? We should be aiming higher then that, let’s poach a genuine superstar. /sarcasm

Look at the system SK has come from. Has Melbourne ever signed a really big name player under Bellamy? Nope. They sign promising juniors and turn them in to stars; they sign state cup quality players and turn them in to consistent NRL performers.

Oh and I’d take De Gois in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

Cocidius

Juniors
De Gois if he can stay fit would be an awesome pick up.

Yep I agree...and sometimes its not the player at fault with injuries its the training they undertake!

There was a great read in a british paper not long ago in regards to arsenal fc training system. A top trainer/physio studied the training system and it was deduced that many of the injuries occur (Arsenal seem to have a high injury toll evey season) is due to the training program they undertake!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
But he is a reject, why do we want Newcastle's sloppy seconds? We should be aiming higher then that, let’s poach a genuine superstar. /sarcasm

Look at the system SK has come from. Has Melbourne ever signed a really big name player under Bellamy? Nope. They sign promising juniors and turn them in to stars; they sign state cup quality players and turn them in to consistent NRL performers.

Oh and I’d take De Gois in a heartbeat.
They are shipping him out for Bedsy, how old is he now??? 34 i know who i'd prefer and he'd probably come cheaper.

H0WZAT

Juniors
They are shipping him out for Bedsy, how old is he now??? 34 i know who i'd prefer and he'd probably come cheaper.

Bedsy is just doing what Gaz did, coming back for the ring. Isn't it rumoured that Fein will also follow Wayne to Newie?

titans haven't recruited well at all, have they replaced Nathan Friend? he is the back bone of their team see how crap they are without him. If we can get McGuire to stay for another year we have have a pretty good 1,6,7 and 9.
Knights on the other hand signing has beens like Buderus and Tahu, i'm surprised Bennett would want ethier. NRL needs too look closely at all the knights 3rd party deals imo.

jono

Juniors
titans haven't recruited well at all, have they replaced Nathan Friend? he is the back bone of their team see how crap they are without him. If we can get McGuire to stay for another year we have have a pretty good 1,6,7 and 9.
Knights on the other hand signing has beens like Buderus and Tahu, i'm surprised Bennett would want ethier. NRL needs too look closely at all the knights 3rd party deals imo.
...and Tahu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts