What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindy111

Post Whore
Roberts is a better player than KEATING. He was coming back from injury so keating was given frst shot-And he has yet to play a bad game so there hasnt been a reason to drop him-With Roberts signed elsewhere and from what i hear not very liked at the club - He wont get a run this year unless theres an injury.

SDM

First Grade
Carney is just lucky with the way the law is set up in regards to P-Platers. Had he been .052 above the limit as a fully licenced driver. He would have faced gaol this time.

Full licence driver 0.052 above the limit = mid range
P Plate jerkoff 0.052 above the limit = low range

hindy111

Post Whore
Regaurding ESI- I find it strange if he is young and full of potential why would the Titans go and look for two new centres? I think colonel bought up the point-Unless ESI said he wanted to go to sydney and wasnt going to re-sign.
I have only seen a hadfull of his games-To me he loooked like an average player but hard to judge on 4-5 times ive seen him.
How does everyone rate him?

Suitman

Post Whore
i believe that Casey McGuire hasn't resigned as yet and may not, is considering a move back to Qld and may retire or play Qld Cup.

natheel

Coach
tbh i think our signings so far is very good and positive for the future.

Sandow is obviously seen as a player that SK wants to build a solid team around with Hayne

Roberts is a good handy player and just needs to get that inconsistency out of his game and under SK i think he will learn alot more

Tonga is a decent centre and reminds me of his brother when he was with us and we let him go. Willie left and flourished under the bulldogs system i feel that will happen with Esi with us.

Vai Vai at this stage is the only one im not sure of because of his situation but has alot of wraps on him and if he plays he will be a handy back up.

Loko and Tonga in the centres is obviously for the future, wont expect massive things from them next year but come mid nest year to the back end u will see a solid centre pairing developing.

Sandow and Roberts/Mortimer will be the iffy one and i think the competition between the 2 five eighths will do both of them the world of good especially Roberts as i see him as a much better player than Morts.

with our forward pack pushing forward next year we have enough spark in the backline to put on some decent points

Even Burt and Atkins on the wings would satisfy me but id say we may snare another back for next year.

The Colonel

Immortal
And I have to laugh at colonel's dummy spit because he doesn't rate sandow.

Sandow has been the signining of the year by any club.
Until he produces the results on the field BF he isn't a great signing. If he can take us to the top four on a consistent basis then he is a great signing. Just not overly excited about a bloke we had to ante up on three or more times to get him over the line and fear we have a potential Dykes on oir hands.

Gronk

Staff member
I'm over fluffy praise and congratulating the club on picking up the unwanted. We were offered results by Sevens and his mates but have so far been fed excuses.....

Can't argue with that. Last year the Dogs led the way in recruitment and this year it's the Tits.

Suitman

Post Whore

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Can't argue with that. Last year the Dogs led the way in recruitment and this year it's the Tits.
Have the Titans really recruited so well??? I mean they have signed some big names but have spent a fortune on two centres which one of them could be playing back row in a few years time.

Champion is a good player but hardly a world beater, Dougla's is a good honest player and so is Myles. But losing friend,Presto and Prince ageing their spine still looks average at best. Zillman who should be at fullback with probably be stuck playing 6 again unless the Seizer can produce the goods. Plus their depth may be tested.

I think if we can Jag another outsides back and a good wide running backrower we will have done pretty well all thing considering. 4 weeks ago we thought we would jag no one at all.

SDM

First Grade
I agree, if we had the tits recruitment, we would be going nuts that Robson and Morts would be steering us around again. I will take ours.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/19052011/58/super-15-cooper-re-signs-aru.html

Well, there goes that dream. At least for another 12 months anyway.

Maybe he's doing a Morts and is holding out for the new NRL tv rights deal.

Suity
With the NRL a chance of cracking a Billion dollars next TV deal and the salary cup going to over 7 million dollars it's very clever on Quades part to only sign a one year deal. At least this time the ARU will know that a NRL club really will have the cash to snare him.

Until he produces the results on the field BF he isn't a great signing. If he can take us to the top four on a consistent basis then he is a great signing. Just not overly excited about a bloke we had to ante up on three or more times to get him over the line and fear we have a potential Dykes on oir hands.

x2 :clap:

I hope that I am made eat your words one day.

Suitman

Post Whore
With the NRL a chance of cracking a Billion dollars next TV deal and the salary cup going to over 7 million dollars it's very clever on Quades part to only sign a one year deal. At least this time the ARU will know that a NRL club really will have the cash to snare him.

Roberts only signed a two deal. Morts will be outta here in 2013.
We might still be a hope. My head says Broncos though.

Suity

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Roberts only signed a two deal. Morts will be outta here in 2013.
We might still be a hope. My head says Broncos though.

Suity
Bronco's without a doubt will be the ones, depends on how much they have left in the kitty. Some of there young blokes coming through would all be looking at upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts