What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart me is hoping that Izzy does a Tahu and is just denying it in the media while he does a deal with us. Yeah it's a pipe dream.

Gronk

Staff member
The biggest problem in the whole Izzy/AFL thing is how does the AFL release Izzy and save face. They stand to lose huge political points in the fight for Western Sydney and I'd say that the Eels would be the LAST club that they'd be prepared to release him to.

Homesick and back to Brisbane, maybe.

The biggest problem in the whole Izzy/AFL thing is how does the AFL release Izzy and save face. They stand to lose huge political points in the fight for Western Sydney and I'd say that the Eels would be the LAST club that they'd be prepared to release him to.

Homesick and back to Brisbane, maybe.

If he asked them they'd grant it. They don't want a big stoush in the papers or through the courts with Izzy saying he doesnt wanna play that shit game.

SDM

First Grade
I heard Ozzie say in an interview (tongue in cheek) that they would re-name Parra Pool - Stephanie Rice Pool - if Quade signed. :lol:

I dont think her catch cry of "suck on that you twigs" fits in with our stance on homophobia.

hybrideel

Bench
I think there media propaganda machine would run with something along the lines of
"proof AFL players are better athletes than NRL players"
An elite rugby league player who played at the highest level is not good enough for club AFL and wants to leave

TeHEel

Juniors
Yeah they could put a positive spin on it. Also as far as $$ go it has been money well spent. Plenty of GWS coverage in the media as a result of his signing. IMO now would be a good time to let him go, having him get smashed in the Sydney press when he fails would be a negative outcome

There is one word to explain why the Titans are being allowed to spend up big recently (and will be let slip through) "SUNS".

With the new TV deal to be done & therefore increase in salary caps - I think the Eels & Panthers are going to pick up some big names in the next couple of years. The other reason being - GWS.

The NRL are not completely stupid & wont let their heartland be destroyed on the basis of Parra & Penrith not being competitive in the comp.

IMO

Gronk

Staff member
There is one word to explain why the Titans are being allowed to spend up big recently (and will be let slip through) "SUNS".

With the new TV deal to be done & therefore increase in salary caps - I think the Eels & Panthers are going to pick up some big names in the next couple of years. The other reason being - GWS.

The NRL are not completely stupid & wont let their heartland be destroyed on the basis of Parra & Penrith not being competitive in the comp.

IMO

OK you are suggesting that the Tits, Eels and Panfers will be allowed to rort the cap because of the encroaching AFL teams ?

Drawing a long bow there ...

Parraletic

Juniors
From the SMH website:

RUMOUR OF THE WEEK
Speculation that Israel Folau has agreed to a deal with Parramatta surfaced after a club function on Wednesday. AFL boss Andrew Demetriou said yesterday that Folau had phoned him on Wednesday to assure him that he was happy in the new code. However, the Eels are still keen to sign him.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ll-in-frame-20110519-1ev0u.html#ixzz1MrPqBIaF

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-hayne-hes-still-in-frame-20110519-1ev0u.html

Suitman

Post Whore
From the SMH website:

RUMOUR OF THE WEEK
Speculation that Israel Folau has agreed to a deal with Parramatta surfaced after a club function on Wednesday. AFL boss Andrew Demetriou said yesterday that Folau had phoned him on Wednesday to assure him that he was happy in the new code. However, the Eels are still keen to sign him.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ll-in-frame-20110519-1ev0u.html#ixzz1MrPqBIaF

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-hayne-hes-still-in-frame-20110519-1ev0u.html

It's already been posted.

Suity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts