What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suitman

Post Whore
Final tally: 4 Goals and 1 behind (aka miss).

Demetriou told the opposition to go easy on him this week.
What a f**king coincidence that he scores 4 goals in S.O.O. week.
More publicity for the AFL to deflect the limelight off a game they envy.

Dickheads.

Suity

Gronk

Staff member

Dickheads.

Suity

Izzy (GWS) played Queanbeyan. Just above pub team I'd guess.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Dickheads.

Suity
Wouldn't suprise me what Vlad manages to do, i mean the Suns have managed to win two games against teams with financial probelms.......

Suitman

Post Whore
Izzy (GWS) played Queanbeyan. Just above pub team I'd guess.

Part of the NEAFL, but you're probably right.
Still, what a coincidence. Sad thing is, the crap journo's in this city will fall for it and give it space in tomorrow's rags.

Let's not lose a sense of reality. He's crap at the game. He hates the game, and he can't wait to leave the game.
If it wasn't for the besquillions he's being paid, he would have been out of there 6 months ago

Suity

Gronk

Staff member
THE Sydney Roosters have a long-term plan to sign NSW fullback Josh Dugan for 2013 and launch a raid on some of rugby union's biggest names. The Sunday Telegraph can reveal that the Bondi Junction club's hitlist includes Wallabies Quade Cooper and Berrick Barnes, along with All Blacks superstar Sonny Bill Williams.

Wow, really ?

"It's just laughable, those silly things. It's just not true," Noyce said

OK what a waste of time that was.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...and-quade-cooper/story-e6frfgbo-1226060207715

strider

Post Whore
Part of the NEAFL, but you're probably right.
Still, what a coincidence. Sad thing is, the crap journo's in this city will fall for it and give it space in tomorrow's rags.

Let's not lose a sense of reality. He's crap at the game. He hates the game, and he can't wait to leave the game.
If it wasn't for the besquillions he's being paid, he would have been out of there 6 months ago

Suity
well you fell for it, so why shouldn't they? :lol: :lol:

nothing izzy does atm the moment means poop! they are playing park footy this year .... next year GWS will go and get 140pt thrashings like the gold coast team has - does cutie even get mentioned in aussie rules circles? Izzy won't either when hte scoreline is such an embarrasment

strider

Post Whore

:lol: :lol: ... great reporting again from limited news ...

"It's just laughable, those silly things. It's just not true," Noyce said.

"Before I got here we were more of a high-profile recruitment club, whereas in more recent times we've taken a strategy of building from the bottom and creating strong culture moving through.

"We're a high-profile club, so I'm sure there are a number of players that want to be here - but that sort of stuff is just stupid."

Despite the denials from Noyce, when you do the numbers on the club's current roster a raid on the marketplace makes sense.
... I love the last bit added by the reporter, kinda, "yeah yeah, don't let facts and quotes get in the road of my story, 1 + 1 = 3"

TeHEel

Juniors
does cutie get mentioned in aussie rules circles? Izzy won't either when hte scoreline is such an embarrasment

Yeah he does or did any for the first four weeks where they smashed him in the press though to be honest unfairly...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I saw the GWS play the Northern Bullants in the Foxtell cup down the pub a few weeks ago, they were down about 74 - 1 at quarter time.

Izzy got hooked at half time never touched the ball in the first half.

Queanbeyan must be shit.

boxhead

First Grade
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ted-jarryd-hayne/story-e6frep5x-1226060246949

Kearney confirmed Parramatta would continue to be active on the recruitment front after last week adding Bulldogs five-eighth Ben Roberts and Gold Coast's Esi Tonga to the club's roster for next season.

"We are still actively out there just seeing what we need and we're still working through that," Kearney said.

Wonder if we still have a few big-names left to recruit or we are settling on working out our depth?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'd consider Sandow a big name. Roberts is arguable and Tonga certainly is not a big name.

I say there are no big names on their way in the future. The only big name really left on the market is Blair and for the sake of depth and team balance I don't think we need a third player on that kind of money.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I think we're capable of 2 top 17 signings than a couple more fringies...

we failed dismally last year on identifying fringe first graders, 2 names that come to mind, Murray and Paki Afu who were struggling to make the wenty state cup side, this will no doubt improve with Nolan and SK at the helm.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
we failed dismally last year on identifying fringe first graders

You're right, and it's this area that clubs can get a definite advantage under the salary cap.

The blokes that really increase the value of your squad without blowing the cap are the ones you sign on $100k who end up giving $300k performances.

Delboy

First Grade
What garbage , not going to happen, where on earth do these stupid stories come from, I give up soemtimes. Should not even be on the forum

We can always start one, "hey, I hear Cameron Smith wants out at the Storm and is talking to Kearney", that is how nuts it is

oldmancraigy

Coach
I think we're capable of 2 top 17 signings than a couple more fringies...

we failed dismally last year on identifying fringe first graders, 2 names that come to mind, Murray and Paki Afu who were struggling to make the wenty state cup side, this will no doubt improve with Nolan and SK at the helm.

To be fair on Murray, he never really had a good shot at playing 'stress free football' this year.

allegedly he put himself in a fragile state with that whole bet placing thing and his footy suffered as a result.

Paki Afu was a funny signing - powerful runner who was too unfit for NYC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts