What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
From what I can gather, Esi and Willie will be our left wing and left centre, respectively. That means either Loko has to develop his right-side running game (amongst other things) or he can be used as an impact second-rower, much like Tony Williams (that is if we sign Willie). If we sign Tim Lafai - which would be a massive signing - he would definitely play right centre, with either Loko or one of our other wingers (Atkins, Toutai, Sio, Morgan, etc) playing at right wing.

Agreed Boxy and this supports what I was saying, just forgot to mention left and right side. Best we have centers & backrowers who can play or learn to play left or right.

boxhead

First Grade
I'd imagine if we sign Lafai then surely we wouldn't sign Linnet as well and vice versa?
Unless we are going to use both of them on the same side?
Scary.....if we manage to sign any of the three.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I'd imagine if we sign Lafai then surely we wouldn't sign Linnet as well and vice versa?
Unless we are going to use both of them on the same side?
Scary.....if we manage to sign any of the three.

As the sun sets over the end of this NRL season we will all be salivating over the future prospects of our club.
Look forward to seeing who are all the players we have actually signed, those who stay on and those we have let go of or who chose to move on for whatever reason.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Agreed Boxy and this supports what I was saying, just forgot to mention left and right side. Best we have centers & backrowers who can play or learn to play left or right.

Most of them can change sides pretty easily, but many of them will be far more effective on one side than the other.

Loko has a brutal right hand fend, to the point where I don't think I've ever seen him carry the ball in his right. He's also got that footwork to get him on the outside (left) of his man - most players can't do that to both sides of a defender.

One player who can step off either foot is Willie Tonga, but he's played just about every game in his career at left centre, so he's bound to be better there than on the right.

And as for converting a centre to the wing, it's not that easy, especially if he's never played there much - defending kicks is such an important part of the game and requires good awareness and decision-making, which isn't going to come just because a guy is big and fast. It's generally easier to convert a fullback.

That said, if I was going to convert any of them it would be Loko.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Most of them can change sides pretty easily, but many of them will be far more effective on one side than the other.

Loko has a brutal right hand fend, to the point where I don't think I've ever seen him carry the ball in his right. He's also got that footwork to get him on the outside (left) of his man - most players can't do that to both sides of a defender.

One player who can step off either foot is Willie Tonga, but he's played just about every game in his career at left centre, so he's bound to be better there than on the right.

And as for converting a centre to the wing, it's not that easy, especially if he's never played there much - defending kicks is such an important part of the game and requires good awareness and decision-making, which isn't going to come just because a guy is big and fast. It's generally easier to convert a fullback.

That said, if I was going to convert any of them it would be Loko.

Agreed - To coach a bunch of players who can cover other positions when one of their own has fallen in the heat of battle creates a team of champions and makes them very hard to defeat. Off season training and once or twice a week drills on playing other positions is all part of making this happen. Having players with such versatility skills helps a lot. In practical terms, it seems SK, Nolan, Arthur's, & co are doing a fantastic job of making all this happen.

CrazyEel

Bench
Agreed - To coach a bunch of players who can cover other positions when one of their own has fallen in the heat of battle creates a team of champions and makes them very hard to defeat. Off season training and once or twice a week drills on playing other positions is all part of making this happen. Having players with such versatility skills helps a lot. In practical terms, it seems SK, Nolan, Arthur's, & co are doing a fantastic job of making all this happen.
:shock: Where did Mr gloomy future go?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
:shock: Where did Mr gloomy future go?

Well its obvious you have not been reading Casper's posts over the past few months or so.
Where the f**k is Suity when you need him.
Oh, thats right he's creating his next leaning suburban dream tower of Piss-za for us all to marvel at.
suitman.jpg

Jason70

Juniors
Pretty sure it is Joseph and not Junior that we have signed.
As for Lafai i don't think he is coming to us.
I think we have signed or are close to signing a forward and from what i have been told on other sites it is a realy good 1st grade siging.

Any ideas who this forward is, not sure there are 2 many good ones off contract, with the exception of Blair, who is asking for too much cabbage anyway

CrazyEel

Bench
Well its obvious you have not been reading Casper's posts over the past few months or so.
Where the f**k is Suity when you need him.
Oh, thats right he's creating his next leaning suburban dream tower of Piss-za for us all to marvel at.
Can someone please translate :?::

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Can someone please translate :?::

:lol:

Said months ago that we have to maintain club stability. Regardless of all the bullshit that went down in removing Daniel Anderson, something I still find incredibly disgraceful and disgusting, and as there is no way of bringing back DA, I do not want to support any further disruptions to the club. I fully support SK & co in rebuilding and running the squad in their image/likeness and wish only the very best for all players, members and fans. SK & co have my full support. However, I have lost a lot of respect and trust with/for PO and the others of 3P, etc, all involved in the undermining of DA and the lies they peddled to cover up their true intentions which they set out to do well before the 2010 season began. Suity acknowledged and appreciated my support in SK & co, & in my intentions when I posted such thoughts months ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.