What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartman

Immortal
I reckon that might be it for good old SK. I can't really see him getting a gig elsewhere. He was kissed on the dick by an angel to keep his Kiwi's job.
Acting up for the remaining rounds will be good experience for Kearney - the original work experience NRL coach. At least it'll be good experience up until until Bennett kicks his arse out of a job upon arrival....
Just on Channel 9 news. Anthony Watmough, Brett Stewart and Steve Matai have all asked for a release from Manly.
If true, that would be too funny.... Can't see Manly losing DCE now if these guys are all arcing up and asking to leave. And I can't see these guys matching the contract value they already/previously had at Manly in going to another club.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I am surprised Parra have not thrown $ at McGuire - we need front rowers

We do need better front rowers but we don't need more front rowers. The budget per position is just as important as the overall budget, and we already have plenty of money tied up in front rowers.

Looking at the quality (and likely cost) of the players at the position, it is likely that the position we can afford to spend the most money on is edge forward. At least for next year. But maybe all the upgrades will chew all that up.

I doubt we will be shelling out for tight forwards or halves until 2016. We'll re-sign Hayne so we won't be spending much (if any) on fullbacks until we sign a backup when Hunt leaves at the end of 2016. Likewise with Peats and De Gois we're set at hooker through to 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.