What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantom eel

First Grade
Out of Kelepi, Peni and Pritchard... it might just come down to which one do we have to let go/move on, to balance our immediate salary cap demands (and try and be competitive next season, instead of in five years time).

I think Kelepi has massive potential, and Peni has been ok and is still young too. I don't think either of them would be on (or be looking for) big money at this stage. I just get the feeling with Pritchard that given his early inclusion in the Top 25 on salary it might be more "worth our while" to move him on, if we had to pick one out of these three.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
. AU REVOIR TO INU

Krisnan Inu has played his last game for Canterbury. The enigmatic three-quarter is on a plane to France on Monday to begin his rugby career. Inu was considered by some good judges as a better talent than Jarryd Hayne when the two players came through Westfields Sports High, but hasn't quite realised his potential. The former New Zealand international is hoping a change of scene - and code - will reignite his career.

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...-with-grand-final-tickets-20140726-zx45u.html

phantom eel

First Grade
Wow, french rugby.... Despite the tearful video on leaving Parramatta, seems it was always about the dollars for Krisnan?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We have enough outside backs for next year. We might need a backup centre but between Toutai and Folau (allegedly re-signed for three years) they've got it covered, and fairly cheaply too I expect.

Morgan's no star but he's good enough to play first grade every week.

Wow, french rugby.... Despite the tearful video on leaving Parramatta, seems it was always about the dollars for Krisnan?

Good luck to him. The Dogs were trying to move him on....he may as well take the best deal on the table....and get to live somewhere different for a while. Although my sources tell me he'll get homesick and lazy.

Hunt is an awesome player, it's just a shame for him he happens to be stuck behind the best player in the NRL. He'd walk into any other team but ours, and probably be first picked. Other clubs would be mad not to make enquiries about him. We really don't want to let him go, and anyone picking him up would have to pay full freight, but out of compassion for the guy a release just may be considered. A special talent like Hunt deserves to be in the NRL.

I hope that was sarcasm...

Nah. My sources tell me he has been carrying injury all year. It's the sort of injury you can play through but it just makes you look a bit rubbish. It should clear up around September.

I saw some footage of him pre-season training, before the injury, and he was doing some unbelievable stuff. Arthur was even considering shifting Hayne to accommodate him. Unfortunately the footage was lost when it burned. In a fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.