What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Players like Sims and McGuire would be top 25 signings, this guy would be a second tier signing.

You'd hope so but not necessarily. In his prime Danny Wicks would be in every club's top 17, so there would still be some demand for him.

It's likely that the club that signs him will either be close to his home, or they're offering the most money. That would probably place him somewhere near the bottom of the top 25. Maybe $100k a year.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
You'd hope so but not necessarily. In his prime Danny Wicks would be in every club's top 17, so there would still be some demand for him.

It's likely that the club that signs him will either be close to his home, or they're offering the most money. That would probably place him somewhere near the bottom of the top 25. Maybe $100k a year.

Could be right. It might be better if he turns out to still have it, it wouldnt hurt our second tier cap.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Just the type of standout citizen we need at the club!

Wicks will bring with him a clean-skin attitude and hopefully it infects all the scum we currently have within our ranks

Gronk

Staff member
Suaia Matagi, Warriors prop, is an ex-con.

If a person has served his time, I don't see the problem.

phantom eel

First Grade
He'll be 29 next season... if we sign him for one year, he'll play out of his skin trying to earn a final contract. But if we sign him for two or three years from the outset, I'm not sure he'll be anything above average for longer than say the first month?

At least it looks like he's kept in/got in shape.

Bigfella

Coach
When did BA say that he was after a convicted drug dealer who hasn't played for four years most of which was spent in the big house?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Didnt know Wicks was that old?

But I dont think age should be an issue.

Some of the good props in the game are the ones who have matured in their mid to late 20s/ early 30s.

As long as he's fit.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Wicks turns 30 at the end of next year, meaning even if we sign him for three years he won't turn 32 until after his contract is finished.

When did BA say that he was after a convicted drug dealer who hasn't played for four years most of which was spent in the big house?

He is a hard merkin of Anglo descent. It's possible Arthur's thought we didn't have enough if those.

Pazza

First Grade
He hasn't played in 3 - 4 years?

This has to be a 2nd tier signing, would hate to lose Gower/Paulo for Wicks.

Bazal

Post Whore
Blake Green is returning to the NRL next year and has secured a contract. I wonder who it could be?

I'm almost certain it's the Storm. He did approach Parra, not sure what happened though. I think Brisbane were on the cards too. Good buy, now that he's actually been used as a half he's killed it in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.