What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindy111

Post Whore
serious question, do you watch any soccer? In Serie A the refs pay a lot less fouls and defenders play tough while in spain and brazil the refs protect attacking players meaning players go down a lot faster meaning that you get less challanges allowing attacking player more time and thus more goals.
Look at the stats for goals and top goal scores in those counties and compare it to Italy.

Yes I do. Italian score less goals cause there lazy and boring in general

hindy111

Post Whore
Know body rated Matterson at the start of this year.It was all about ZDC.
After 12 games in Toyota cup he is the next wally lewis : )

Best of luck to the kid.Hope he turns out half as good as the king
"academy"

Avenger

Immortal

"academy"

Watt wood ewe no.

Gazzamatta

Coach

"academy"

Yep, hes definitely been a surprise packet. Has Wallys size but yet to see if he has any of Wallys attributes. Under 20s is not always a good measure but there have also been some NSW Cup highlights apparently. Fingers crossed. That said, I highly rated Tom Humble and we all know what happened there.

I wonder if anyone here can help me?

I was wondering what to make my first post about because you only get one chance at a first impression and I really don't want to blow it.

Gronk

Staff member
Ryan Matterson is the first player to be charged with attacking the head of a player with his arse.

Great signing. Hope he transitions into a Curtis Sironen type of ball playing unit.

Gronk

Staff member
This world cup has showed us all how far a superior game soccer is compared to league in all aspects of the game.

The world cup has also shown us what a bunch of cheating skirt wearing merkins they are.

2lifle0.jpg
Ahhh-My-Face.gif
10outof10dive3bf8pu2ug3be9qw3x.gif

Maroubra Eel

Coach
This world cup has showed us all how far a superior game soccer is compared to league in all aspects of the game.

I reckon if the Aussies applied themselves we would kill it. But unfortunately it's not that big here.
Just look at all the other sports that Aussies are into and excel on the world stage.

hindmarshisgod

Juniors
Give it 20 years and the soccer a league will be the premier sport in nsw.

League is dying and all the wrestling and shit refereeing and predictable attack structures and stupid rules like no shoulder charge and biffing that created excitement, will diminish interest in the sport as it is already starting to. I know so many people who have converted and no longer give a shit about their rugby league teams who they once were passionate about. Its worrying that they are counting down the off season for a league and cant wait for rugby league season to end. I am unwillingly starting to convert myself. I no longer watch other games except parra games to which i sometimes find myself going for a smoko mid game and not really giving a shit anymore. I would never do that before. I would be glued to thetv during parra games and watch most other games in the round. The game is too predictable and annoyingly slow to the point it is painfull.

Rugby league numbers in junior leagues are diminishing aswell which would mean the nrl in future years will be of lesser quality players making the nrl comp even shitter in future, whereas the numbers in juniors in soccer are absolutely kicking ass which will strengthen the quality of talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts