What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Considering how good gower has been going considering his previous form and our improvement from last year, if Arthur wants Inu then that is good enough for me.

hindy111

Post Whore
The Irony is we all wynge about Storm like all the Afl people wynge about swans :)

I would still chose league over afl.But reffs can change a game of league and how its played.
Not too many other sports can a reff control so much by there decisions.Nfl-soccer-Afl-Tennis-basketball.You may get bad call but it wont change how the games played.In league if the reff gives a skinny 10mtrs or lets a team slow the play the ball it completely changes how the games played. Look at origin 2

The Irony is we all wynge about Storm like all the Afl people wynge about swans :)

I would still chose league over afl.But reffs can change a game of league and how its played.
Not too many other sports can a reff control so much by there decisions.Nfl-soccer-Afl-Tennis-basketball.You may get bad call but it wont change how the games played.In league if the reff gives a skinny 10mtrs or lets a team slow the play the ball it completely changes how the games played. Look at origin 2

Well, I reckon there's at least one other game where the refs have a bigger impact on the way the game is played. In union, as well as policing the offside rule, the ref determines what is going to be allowed in the ruck, and that determines whether you keep the ball as well as how much progress you make with it. And if it comes down to how much impact a ref can have on the result of a particular match, then soccer wins hands down (coz they don't score so often).

Bigfella

Coach
I'm pretty sure Bosnia would reckon that refereeing had a pretty big impact on their game with Nigeria yest in the World Cup.

hindy111

Post Whore
In the Nigeria case it was a bad call but it didn't change how the game was played.Bosnia where also given plenty of time to get back into it and the better team won on the day.If it was 0-0 Nigeria would of pushed more.Not to say It didn't effect the score but the reffs don't change how the game flows

In the Nigeria case it was a bad call but it didn't change how the game was played.Bosnia where also given plenty of time to get back into it and the better team won on the day.If it was 0-0 Nigeria would of pushed more.Not to say It didn't effect the score but the reffs don't change how the game flows

You're largely right, but the flow of the game is affected by the scoreline. i.e. if a team scores early, they can then sit deep and play on the counter. Also, in the most EPL seasons (for e.g.) there is a significant difference in the average number of yellow/red cards issued by different refs, and the managers/players know this, and it effects how 'stuck in' they get.

Gronk

Staff member
Gotta say that I was pretty shocked hearing Gallen on MMM yesterday. Blaming the coach and saying that his heart isn't in it, so hence neither is the player's. He went on to say that his appointment was a mistake and that he should be punted now.

Really ? I would have thought that with ASADA circling that it would be best to STFU and deal with it internally. If the coach has lost the playing group, then the media is not the best way to deal with it.

I was also interested to hear that he basically said that he regretted not going to Manly in 2010 (oh, but yeah I love it here at the sharks ....).

Delboy

First Grade
In Gallen's rant, always interesting to note how flexible some club's salary cap is

Due to good management or better counting?

it is obviously something we need to be better at

Gazzamatta

Coach
Gallen is the new Mortimer. He has become a media junkie. At least Morts did it with class. Disgraceful if hes said that about Sharp in the public forum. He now is obviously believing his own press. How would you ever want someone like that in your club.
Also I agree with popular opinion that this Guy almost lost SOO2 for the Blues. His continual head down bum up hog fest when NSW were in attacking positions was disgraceful. Like Stuart, his media mates will always support this big headed goose.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Gotta say that I was pretty shocked hearing Gallen on MMM yesterday. Blaming the coach and saying that his heart isn't in it, so hence neither is the player's. He went on to say that his appointment was a mistake and that he should be punted now.

Really ? I would have thought that with ASADA circling that it would be best to STFU and deal with it internally. If the coach has lost the playing group, then the media is not the best way to deal with it.

I was also interested to hear that he basically said that he regretted not going to Manly in 2010 (oh, but yeah I love it here at the sharks ....).

As far as blow ups go, it was right up there.

Avenger

Immortal
Gallen is the new Mortimer. He has become a media junkie. At least Morts did it with class. Disgraceful if hes said that about Sharp in the public forum. He now is obviously believing his own press. How would you ever want someone like that in your club.
Also I agree with popular opinion that this Guy almost lost SOO2 for the Blues. His continual head down bum up hog fest when NSW were in attacking positions was disgraceful. Like Stuart, his media mates will always support this big headed goose.

Spot on Gaz.

spiderdan

Bench
He doesn't deserve that much.
probably not but as someone pointed out a few weeks back, the average wage is about $250k on current cap spread. I think inu would be snapped up somewhere for a bit over that based on freakish stuff he has done before. Dunno how much he'd be worth with third party top ups though.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gallen might have a point, but why say it in a public forum??? If you have a beef over Sharp take it to the board the sharkies are struggling enough as it is. He is really starting to believe his own press, it was laughable how he was MOTM in origin when he spent the whole game getting in the way of the halves.

Sharp said he never wanted a head coaching gig, he got thrown in at the deep end because Sharks didn't want to pay someone else to do it.

hindy111

Post Whore
1 nil with a proper goal disallowed and there hasn't been any affect?

One of your best hiney

There has been how many games and how many wrong calls in the world cup?

In the NRL games are lost and won more often. A skinny ten meters and how long the reff is allowing to hold a player down makes the biggest difference in the game.Thats where its won 90% of the time.

Im not talking about a bad call for a penalty im talking about the general flow of the game

caylo

Bench
There has been how many games and how many wrong calls in the world cup?

In the NRL games are lost and won more often. A skinny ten meters and how long the reff is allowing to hold a player down makes the biggest difference in the game.Thats where its won 90% of the time.

Im not talking about a bad call for a penalty im talking about the general flow of the game

serious question, do you watch any soccer? In Serie A the refs pay a lot less fouls and defenders play tough while in spain and brazil the refs protect attacking players meaning players go down a lot faster meaning that you get less challanges allowing attacking player more time and thus more goals.
Look at the stats for goals and top goal scores in those counties and compare it to Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts