What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindy111

Post Whore
You inspired me Gronk:

vertonghendivelonger.gif

WHo remember sundays game?
GOWER - Crusher tackle LOL -considering we base our game on how tough we are I think we know whats worse....

hindy111

Post Whore
Proof of junior participation dropping?

Seems like the game is on the up this season, higher crowds, great TV audience (top in Oz) etc etc.

Soccer just had the world cup, and nobody (in Australia) gave a crap. Or is it still going?

Its still going, Me and my mates toni gonzali, toma konis-sam pedrikic and joni palumbo have a black coffee in the morning and talk about who played the best.Than we give each other a hug a kiss and say ciao see u tomorrow.
As much as I love league it just doesn't unite a nation like this.
Shame England didn't go better.Uno-Pommy backpackers gettn loose ;)

hindy111

Post Whore
Another thing is we don't have to fight Soccer.The guys who play soccer and league are different body builds physically. It wont make an impact at the high end level of either of our games.

spiderdan

Bench
Our Quality in soccer is probably 10 x better than it was prior to the A-League.I wouldn't say poor.Its not he premier league but its not terrible either.Average would be better word to use.
When I am at the shops now I see more wander's jerseys than nrl teams.6 yrs ago I never noticed one soccer jersey.
There was no realy money in soccer here.Now they are getting 250 million in tv deals over 5 yrs. I think the NRL's last one was around 500million so 250 is quite good.
There are also good sponsorship deals in soccer now.And players can make a good amount of money to play in it.As it gets better and the more money is generated the better players it will attract and better juniors which will make a better league and quality.

25 yrs ago soccer had most jnrs but no hero's for kids to dream of becoming..Now a 10yld says " I want to be like tim cahill " or I want to play for Sydney FC. Not too many would of been saying I want to play for Marconi or the bonyrigg.

Personally I think soccer will only get bigger. I hate the wanderers I think parra Is big enough for one team and that's the eels.But lets not compare crowds :p
of course it will grow. it isn't competing against the other football codes anymore. moving to a summer comp was the smartest thing soccer did. I am pretty sure soccer crowds dropped once the two major codes kicked off this year.

if they stayed in winter they would've (I am 99% sure) gone bust again and had to redesign their product delivery model - again.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Another thing is we don't have to fight Soccer.The guys who play soccer and league are different body builds physically. It wont make an impact at the high end level of either of our games.

Exactly.

But you were the one saying league was dying because of soccer.... :eek:

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Where have the good posters gone who actually used to know info about signings?
Sorry but you guys are just shit talkers.

emjaycee

Coach
Where have the good posters gone who actually used to know info about signings?
Sorry but you guys are just shit talkers.

Hey ME, didnt Stagger post about Matterson yesterday and the last signing we made (IDG) was announced on here in advance - what's your problem?

By the way, when are you going to keep giving us your tips for the horses mate?

It would be a shame to lose Sio but in the face of an aggressive offer from the Sharks we would be silly to try and match it.

Oh, come on mate. Surely we should just decide that he's a good player and thus we're keeping him no matter what and pay him whatever it takes? Then blame the club if we can't sign anyone else. ;-)

Be good if would could re-sign him for 'unders' though.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Hey ME, didnt Stagger post about Matterson yesterday and the last signing we made (IDG) was announced on here in advance - what's your problem?

By the way, when are you going to keep giving us your tips for the horses mate?

Oh yeah you're right. There is some good info. I take back that last post.

You don't want my tips, I'm useless. Hineyrulz has all the good mail on the gg's.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Did you ever consider we are not signing new players but relying on our player retention mainly from our U/20s ?

born an eel

Bench
if we think somebody is offering "overs" to poach a player, does that mean if we keep him for less we got him for "unders" :?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.