What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRam

Coach
It'd be good of someone would weigh them and update the website occasionally.

Little things like this show why league is amateur and will never really grow and why other sports like soccer will continue to grow in Oz.

People, especially young people, get the jack with all the little negatives that constantly surrounds the NRL and eventually start to look at the competition that seem to only have the good hype/vibe and offer cool impressions and perceptions.

League admin needs a huge cultural shift to even begin to take the steps necessary to fix the constant missteps that have been part of the game since forever.

It will never happen.

Bigfella

Coach
I agree completely.

Every time I watch a game of sport I like to research the website and look up the weight of each player.

If they appear to be significantly lighter or heavier when I watch the game I cannot possibly enjoy it and I refuse to ever watch the sport again.

settle, not having a go at you, just asking a general question :crazy:

Wasn't meaning to imply that any offence was taken:), just clarifying my earlier post.

And, I guess there is a difference between paying less than what one particular other club is prepared to pay, and securing 'unders'. It's not a science though.....and ultimately comes down to judgement.

Utey

Coach
I agree completely.

Every time I watch a game of sport I like to research the website and look up the weight of each player.

If they appear to be significantly lighter or heavier when I watch the game I cannot possibly enjoy it and I refuse to ever watch the sport again.

lol!

TheRam

Coach
I agree completely.

You're a dumb arse. Look at the whole of game approach that the NRL CEO himself is so fond of referring to when discussing progress and development within the game.

It's all the little things that make the big things work. F**k some of you guys are smartarse dumb arses. Please try to catch up to the 21st century. I know it is only 14 years old, but you should give it a try.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You're a dumb arse. Look at the whole of game approach that the NRL CEO himself is so fond of referring to when discussing progress and development within the game.

It's all the little things that make the big things work. F**k some of you guys are smartarse dumb arses. Please try to catch up to the 21st century. I know it is only 14 years old, but you should give it a try.

I think you have a point here. Whilst on its own, not updating someone's weight isn't the greatest issue, if you have enough examples of a "she'll be right" attitude then it erodes the professionalism of the product.

Food goes in one end and out the other - not bloody rocket science, is it? Are you trying to tell me the NRL doesn't keep track of either end? Bloody amateur hour...

84 Baby

Referee
Food goes in one end and out the other - not bloody rocket science, is it? Are you trying to tell me the NRL doesn't keep track of either end? Bloody amateur hour...

I am quite disappointed in the lack of professionalism of the players themselves in not providing up-the-date information on twitter or the like

Status
Not open for further replies.