What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If manly keep DCE then good on them but imagine if he went to a club in Sydney like Sharks or Dragons and it came out we weren't even talking to him. Those who are saying stop dreaming will probably be the ones cursing Arthur and the club for not at least going for him.

Good to see Arthur will have a crack hope it comes off for us

Whichever club signs him will be paying through the f**king nose. Manly will probably get a discount of about $50k a year because they're closest to his home.

Regardless, there won't be as much value in DCE as Manly have gotten these past few years, and as soon as he gets injured he will be a massive salary cap clogging albatross hanging around that club's neck. Just like other underachieving clubs with expensive stars on their books.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Any coach who pays any NRL player a million has rocks in his head. He will then have a few players on min wages and not much depth. You could get 3 decent players for a mill.

If Manly wanna do that then good luck to him but look at the players they will lose to make way for him.

If we could get him on Sandows money, at least he would be worth it as Sandow aint, for mine. Problem is Sandow is contracted for next year so the years overlap would not work for us.

What we do have in our favour is that no doubt DCE is a fan of Arthur but he could forget a million bucks a year, I hope Arthur would not be silly enough to pay anyone that sort of dough.

Last edited:
Thats pretty much it. If we could load him up on 3rd parties, well sweet. Otherwise hes marquee & we already got one of those..

Last edited:

emjaycee

Coach
Those maths just dont add up, do they. Just as well someones onto it!

Good to see you missed the sarcasm of my comment about the Salary Cap tracking sheet mate.

And good to see you still add some quality on-topic posts. What is that now, 24 of 26 posts where you haven't added anything other than a narky comment?

eels_fan

First Grade
The cap is going up more, and $1m would include the marquee allowance and Hayne would be close to 7 yr cap reduction

DCE wouldn't sign for less than a mil. No chance

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If we could get him on Sandows money, at least he would be worth it as Sandow aint, for mine. Problem is Sandow is contracted for next year so the years overlap would not work for us.

Aren't they both off contract at the end of next year?

Either way he would be asking a lot more than what Sandow's on.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think there would be a lot more signing specularion if he was. It would dominate the NRL news, which is why Manly will re-sign him this off season for a massive sum.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If thats the case it will work out well for us, especially fitting Izzy in there when Tonga leaves

oldmancraigy

Coach
If we offered Sandow and Lussicks money to DCE, we could fill the other roster spot with a minimum contract guy, and make a fantastic offer.

Sandow and Lussick both expire next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.