What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmancraigy

Coach
When you have to upgrade blokes mid contract it throws out your succession planning through the rest of your squad. Manly got great value out of DCE in the early years of his contract (#'academy') and are probably still getting value out of him now (given they are able to keep a strong squad around him). But he agreed to that contract. I bet he wouldn't have agreed to a downgrade if he'd turned out shithouse.

The Manly players are right to be pissed off at Cherry-Evans. They should f**k him off and let us sign the floppy penis headed little merkin.

I might be wrong, but he was more of a scouting job than academy. They bought him the year we bought Humble from Qld cup?

Avenger

Immortal
How about Ben hunt over DCE? Would be cheaper and seems to be developing into a very good half

If DCE leaves for Brisbane, Hunt may very well leave. However I think DCE will stay at Manly. I reckon we are more of a chance with Foran. In reality I think long term it will be:

6. Matterson
7. Norman

Sandow may go to Cronulla as a replacement for Carney.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I wonder if we would be happy to let Sandow go this year and go with Kelly/matterson for next year. But we pick up two very good forwards with sandows money. Would we be a better side ? I reckon we would be a better side.

Delboy

First Grade
I wonder if we would be happy to let Sandow go this year and go with Kelly/matterson for next year. But we pick up two very good forwards with sandows money. Would we be a better side ? I reckon we would be a better side.

We wouldn't be a better side with Kelly starting, he is back up at best

If I was DCE's manager I would be telling him to think long and hard about signing with the Broncos. The Broncos need a superstar and although Ben Hunt has been better than expected DCE would return that team to the near the top (just need a coach)

Plus, and maybe more importantly for DCE, he would be a marketing dream for Brisbane/Queensland based companies/TV news programs and he would be set for life (especially if he leads the Broncos to a premiership or two). If he stays in Sydney I doubt he would get that opportunity.

I honestly think he might be wasted staying as a Sea Eagles player.

Saying all that I think the Sea Eagles will not let him go without a massive fight ...

TheRam

Coach
If I were him, I would have gone to Brisbane yesterday. His manager has really dropped the ball on this one.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Im pretty sure DCE was under contract to Manly while he was playing QLD Cup. That was their reserve grade.

Yeah it was. Sunshine Coast was Manly's feeder team, because QLD Cup was a higher standard than the NSW Cup. There were a couple of other NSW clubs playing their reserves in the QLD Cup as well, and the NSWRL got pissed because it was diluting the quality of their competitions. So they told the clubs they couldn't participate in SG Ball and Harold Matts unless they played their reserves in the NSW Cup.

hindy111

Post Whore
Our only chance of winning a comp with Sandow is if when we make the finals he hits a purple patch and everything he does comes off.
I don't think we can build a week in week out consistant side with Sandow as our main half.
He has been very god this year, but in patches and still doesn't control a match.Peats may help and same goes for norman so there is a chance it may work but I doubt he will be with the club for 2016.
He will be wanting a 3 yr contract and I don't think the club will want to commit to him for that.Even if he was to come cheap.BA seem big on defense and even thou he is defending better Sandow is always going to be a liability in defense

Gronk

Staff member
Anyone see the Tahs match yesterday ? Hasler was there watching the game and I heard this AM he is keen on Beale for FB.

hindy111

Post Whore
why would dogs be over cap? Who in there squad is on massive $$?

Morris and t-rex would probably be highest paid. Perret-inu-brown-lafai would be one of lowest paid backline in nrl.(hayne wuld cost more than all combined)
There halves would come in at less than ours.

Than move to there forwards-Graheme-Pritchard-Kasiano- would be on a decent wicket.
Tolman-jackson-fenucane-eastwood would no demand huge dollars.
Our squad has hayne-hoppa-sandow who are on large amounts.Lussick-mossop-norman-peats would also have decent contracts.Than we have too many guys in reserves on decent contracts-smith,moimoi,morgan,kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.