What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Munky

Coach
If Moyza was given his kicking licence he would have evened it up.

But even before that he would have nailed the one pointer from 55m to seal the win.

His Hamstring would detach straight after either of those.

What a way to force retirement though.

Iamback

Coach
Yes but we're planning to extent other people we haven't extented too. So it's not like it's a flat we keep half the money.

Yeah but those who are signed now are signed.

You either forward pay guys like Cleary or you spend it on mid season recruits

maple_69

Bench
Interesting. That will take him to 32 towards the end of his contract. He's getting better every year and I'd say this contract will be his prime years if true. We're no doubt investing a fair bit in our middles but its been the foundation of our whole game so I don't mind it. Probably means we are running on kids & project journeyman on the edges which seems to be working for us.

Surely Edwards & Luai are the next big decision.

Interesting. That will take him to 32 towards the end of his contract. He's getting better every year and I'd say this contract will be his prime years if true. We're no doubt investing a fair bit in our middles but its been the foundation of our whole game so I don't mind it. Probablyy means we are running on kids & project journeyman on the edges which seems tot be working for us.

Surely Edwards & Luai are the next big decision.
Apparently they are

The Realist

Juniors
Anyone else find it odd that we can't seem to produce home grown backrowers anymore?

Traditionally it was a position we produced plenty of capable first graders in. If one got too old, shifted to another club etc we had plenty 'in stock'. Now we just don't seem to produce them. In the last 10 years it's been buys from other clubs - only Marto is a junior and he is a country boy (same as Yeo).

Can anyone suggest why we don't seem to produce them anymore?

Anyone else find it odd that we can't seem to produce home grown backrowers anymore?

Traditionally it was a position we produced plenty of capable first graders in. If one got too old, shifted to another club etc we had plenty 'in stock'. Now we just don't seem to produce them. In the last 10 years it's been buys from other clubs - only Marto is a junior and he is a country boy (same as Yeo).

I find it odd that you're ranting prematurely

betcats

Referee

There is a few with a lot of potential in our lower grades and juniors atm I think we will see a few come through over the next couple years.

Blade23

Juniors
Is the rumours about Leota true?

The news is true. Big Moses is a done deal.
Further to that. The club is on a mission to get Edwards, Luai and Martin (preferably done) in the next few months. I think Edwards talks are well-advanced. They are trying to avoid having any of the 3 free agents come Nov 1. The club won't be paying overs.
The club also is trying to extend Sorro despite interest elsewhere. Also looking at external backrow options.

Big Mick

Referee
Further to that. The club is on a mission to get Edwards, Luai and Martin (preferably done) in the next few months. I think Edwards talks are well-advanced. They are trying to avoid having any of the 3 free agents come Nov 1. The club won't be paying overs.
The club also is trying to extend Sorro despite interest elsewhere. Also looking at external backrow options.

Great news RE: Moses.

Any news on hooker?

Looking external? Re-signing Luke? Hoping one of Sommerton, Mason or Smith kick on?

Blade23

Juniors
Great news RE: Moses.

Any news on hooker?

Looking external? Re-signing Luke? Hoping one of Sommerton, Mason or Smith kick on?

Hooker is wait and see. If a good external option came up they would certainly look at it.

Once Api left the plan was Kenny/Luke combo until one of the kids usurped one of them. It is up to Luke to stay fit, kick on and hold them back. The next few months will be vital for him. Sommerton is getting closer to FG.

Thanks for the confirmation

Whino

Bench

We had a few there. They just didn't stay fit to get a good shot here at FG. Some were and still are fringe first graders elsewhere.
The last few years a few of the backrow juniors that were certainly rated haven't kicked on. And were either moved on, or allowed to go.
Blore, Jed Cartwright, and Corey Waddell seemed always to be battling injury. Then there is butterfingers Billy Burns.
Blore is the one I would like to see have an extended run in FG.
As @betcats says there once again some promising juniors coming through. Hopefully a few good ones come through and stay.

We had a few there. They just didn't stay fit to get a good shot here at FG. Some were and still are fringe first graders elsewhere.
The last few years a few of the backrow juniors that were certainly rated haven't kicked on. And were either moved on, or allowed to go.
Blore, Jed Cartwright, and Corey Waddell seemed always to be battling injury. Then there is butterfingers Billy Burns.
Blore is the one I would like to see have an extended run in FG.
As @betcats says there once again some promising juniors coming through. Hopefully a few good ones come through and stay.
Blores best game on the weekend!

Latest posts