What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
Personally, I don’t think our overall performances have been as dire as some have suggested.

Tomorrow night is a huge game given it is against opponents who probably aren’t likely to finish in the top 8, so a win is a must basically. I can see it being a tough game though.

You don't win comps from outside the top 8. A slow start makes it too hard to make up ground

Iamback

Coach
The club prepared magnificently for Origin last year with SOS able to cover halfback and have us beat the Tigpies and Bulldogs.

Allowed load management before the finals.

We've already lost more games this season than we did until twenty rounds last year.

Even if we make it through Origin fit I doubt ladder position will allow the same resting of niggles that happened in 2022.

We have our byes early in the year, That will make it hard to rest guys without risking dropping games.

That adds to the games dropped early and during Origin

Iamback

Coach
We haven't had any soft games yet. Those ones really do matter. Let's you blow out the cobwebs.

Brisbane look top 4 this year. I'm in the camp that sees Parra miss the 8 but they always rise for Penrith matches. Souths have been consistent for years. This Raiders match the easiest so far but against a huge pack it's never that simple.

I do think it's good enough of a team to win the comp. Purely on defence Penrith go deep this year.

We have some soft games coming up, Bathurst v Tigers into Warriors especially.

Then go Roosters into Broncos then Origin.

We play Cowboys without Origin guys. Also Roosters in that period.

Doesn't seem to be any soft parts in the draw to punish some bad teams and go on a run

Fangs

Coach
We have some soft games coming up, Bathurst v Tigers into Warriors especially.

Then go Roosters into Broncos then Origin.

We play Cowboys without Origin guys. Also Roosters in that period.

Doesn't seem to be any soft parts in the draw to punish some bad teams and go on a run

The point being it creates momentum.

You can always argue no game is soft. But some games are eaiser than others. You either tune up or get embarrassed.

Bred not Bought

Juniors
The club prepared magnificently for Origin last year with SOS able to cover halfback and have us beat the Tigpies and Bulldogs.

Allowed load management before the finals.

We've already lost more games this season than we did until twenty rounds last year.

Even if we make it through Origin fit I doubt ladder position will allow the same resting of niggles that happened in 2022.

Last year was a dream season. Practically everything fell into place. That won't happen again.
We will be like most top 8 clubs at the end of the season, battling for spots and not having the luxury of resting players. The lucky ones are the ones that have a bye the last few weeks of the season.

Original Name

Juniors
People often overreact. Things are rarely as bad as lot of people say they are and they're rarely as good as a lot of people say they are. We're still the same team we were last week. We have the same weaknesses and the same strengths. That applies to the matches we've lot or if we win by 50.

Latest posts