What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
Correct.

Hence why it is setup to not admit it was a dumb statement
Why is the position Luke Bowden takes a dumb statement?

Because you think so?

You are well renowned for thinking you know better than everyone else on here, that is just a given.

Anyone who dares express an opinion that does not align with your narrative is met with a barrage of stats and other data in order to support your position.

I note with interest a number of your recent posts have included (disclaimers) in order to somehow excuse you accept you are not always right? Go figure that that one. I don’t ever recall (I could be wrong) you ever owning up to being wrong, mistaken or otherwise incorrect.

I get your passion, I respect that, I don’t get your hate for those that don’t embrace your views. Opinions differ, everyone is entitled to an opinion, and most just rely on what they watch and see without necessarily dragging out stats from wherever you unearth them from.

soc123_au

Staff member
I’ve watched this debate unfold now for 72 hours or more and I have wanted to stay away but I’ll just make one point.

Luke Bowden as he is entitled to do put forward his opinion around Soni Luke and because it doesn’t conform with the opinions of those who think they know all, he has been subjected to a barrage of reasons, statistics, and goodness knows criticism around his opinion.

Fan forums are great outlets for all fans to express opinions, and it is rather sad when in this instance fans are basically outed or ridiculed for just expressing an opinion.
That's kind of why forums exist, unless we want an echo chamber. I reckon Luke is enjoying it anyway, he is smart enough to know it's not personal. He loves the banter as much as anyone.

Kilkenny

Coach
That's kind of why forums exist, unless we want an echo chamber. I reckon Luke is enjoying it anyway, he is smart enough to know it's not personal. He loves the banter as much as anyone.
I don’t profess to know whether he is or he isn’t, but it doesn’t alter the fact alternate opinions should not be shut down on the basis some think they know better and this is what appears to be happening in this instance.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Zero tackle has Lenui off contract, which begs the question, Why the Roosters have not announced it or has the NRL not registered it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-06-21-17-00-17-775_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-21-17-00-17-775_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android-edit.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 0

Iamback

Coach

Because you think so?

You are well renowned for thinking you know better than everyone else on here, that is just a given.

Anyone who dares express an opinion that does not align with your narrative is met with a barrage of stats and other data in order to support your position.

I note with interest a number of your recent posts have included (disclaimers) in order to somehow excuse you accept you are not always right? Go figure that that one. I don’t ever recall (I could be wrong) you ever owning up to being wrong, mistaken or otherwise incorrect.

I get your passion, I respect that, I don’t get your hate for those that don’t embrace your views. Opinions differ, everyone is entitled to an opinion, and most just rely on what they watch and see without necessarily dragging out stats from wherever you unearth them from.

No as it sits now it looks like a dumb call

One is an origin hooker

One is getting bits and pieces time off the bench.

Hence why I asked what the metrics he was using was because he could be right.

There has been heaps. Scroll the topics threads created by me. You will see a Hame Sele appreciation thread - he wasn't seen in FG again for us

I said Crichton and Spencer would stay - As I said we all get things wrong from time to time.

If I don't post stats it is seen as just picking on the player for the sake of it. There are also done with no emotion and the same across the board

1. Fidow
2. Isaako
3. Farnworth
4. Averillo
5. Someone

Not a bad backline. Its currently one of the worst in the NRL but Bennett has made it work.

They'll have Aiken, Gildart, Brenko Lee, Edrick Lee, Tesi Niu and Valynce Te Whare for depth. Probably one too many. Some will probably get released but I don't think we will look at any of them.
Edwick Lee would be my guess

Because you think so?

💅 It.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
No as it sits now it looks like a dumb call

One is an origin hooker

One is getting bits and pieces time off the bench.

Hence why I asked what the metrics he was using was because he could be right.

There has been heaps. Scroll the topics threads created by me. You will see a Hame Sele appreciation thread - he wasn't seen in FG again for us

I said Crichton and Spencer would stay - As I said we all get things wrong from time to time.

If I don't post stats it is seen as just picking on the player for the sake of it. There are also done with no emotion and the same across the board
What’s wrong with saying, “Gee I hope you’re right, that would be cool” and leaving it at that?

Now I’m at the point where I believe that you are actually barracking for him to play poorly or pick up an injury.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think the Soni Luke crusade to NRL is a really feel good story.

He has already overachieved really.

Regardless of what lies ahead for Soni I think it’s great he has a new deal however modest which offers him hope.

I love the feel good stories of our club. If he doesn’t progress further so be it, cost us nothing, those in the know thought him worthy of persevering with so I am comfortable with that.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
That’s true, but this has become a bit much and very circular.

I don’t take anything a random punter on a website says personally. I’d be be concerned if any of my mates shared his view.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I think the Soni Luke crusade to NRL is a really feel good story.

He has already overachieved really.

Regardless of what lies ahead for Soni I think it’s great he has a new deal however modest which offers him hope.

I love the feel good stories of our club. If he doesn’t progress further so be it, cost us nothing, those in the know thought him worthy of persevering with so I am comfortable with that.

Soni is an incredibly smart player, he has been the best player in every team he’s ever played in. He’ll get his body right and will become a very good hooker. The club will certainly benefit for the faith they have shown.

Latest posts