What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
What’s wrong with saying, “Gee I hope you’re right, that would be cool” and leaving it at that?

Now I’m at the point where I believe that you are actually barracking for him to play poorly or pick up an injury.

Because that reply leads to no reply or discussion.

I leave it open so you can say your opinion, Others can add theres and when we play next I can keep and eye out and look for things that those with a different opinion see.

Not everything is a dig

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Because that reply leads to no reply or discussion.

I leave it open so you can say your opinion, Others can add theres and when we play next I can keep and eye out and look for things that those with a different opinion see.

Not everything is a dig
A no reply or discussion is better than what you dish up.

MugaB

Coach
Or you could just be better
What are we all on about, i just skimmed a few posts and pages about this person being right or wrong, stats and soni luke is it? Wtf is everyone on about, is there some off screen argument thats going on, plus kilkenny is upto his usual antics getting upset, and who is Franklin?
Are we suggesting soni luke has no upside? Is this what the argument back and forth is about

Iamback

Coach
What are we all on about, i just skimmed a few posts and pages about this person being right or wrong, stats and soni luke is it? Wtf is everyone on about, is there some off screen argument thats going on, plus kilkenny is upto his usual antics getting upset, and who is Franklin?
Are we suggesting soni luke has no upside? Is this what the argument back and forth is about

For me I don't see how the balance of the team works with 2 hookers, hence I was trying to get an insight from someone that rates him highly as to if there was anything I was missing.

Up until a few months ago we were looking for another hooker, Again if Luke has developed enough for that to not need to happen now

I am Franklin - when the website changed over my logon wouldn't work. So name change

MugaB

Coach
For me I don't see how the balance of the team works with 2 hookers, hence I was trying to get an insight from someone that rates him highly as to if there was anything I was missing.

Up until a few months ago we were looking for another hooker, Again if Luke has developed enough for that to not need to happen now

I am Franklin - when the website changed over my logon wouldn't work. So name change
Ahhhh... nice to meet you franklin, im sure we've had some petty fights previously, my memories fuzzy and really i couldn't care less if we did.

My take on Soni Luke, is pretty straightforward..
He needs time, time in first grade as much as possible, his standard 20min off the bench isnt cutting it, if anything we need him starting, then let kenny take over the rest of the game, problem is our starts are usually slow, and we need to dominate before we grind out wins, thats just the IVan gameplan... and soni wouldn't be able to tackle and be his attacking threat that he could be...
He is in that grey area between too good for cup, and not big enough for 1st grade yet, Luai was like that when Maloney was around, he slowly bulked up and voila, ready made rep half... i reckon we are being too hasty with this process/progress, and it doesn't help that he is 28... not early 20s... by the time he gets to form level, he'll be 29/30... he'll come good, ive seen his grade games many times, he is a weapon.. the transition to 1st grade isn't easy.. wait till he has a solid and consistent 30 plus minutes every game then we can all judge

Iamback

Coach
Ahhhh... nice to meet you franklin, im sure we've had some petty fights previously, my memories fuzzy and really i couldn't care less if we did.

My take on Soni Luke, is pretty straightforward..
He needs time, time in first grade as much as possible, his standard 20min off the bench isnt cutting it, if anything we need him starting, then let kenny take over the rest of the game, problem is our starts are usually slow, and we need to dominate before we grind out wins, thats just the IVan gameplan... and soni wouldn't be able to tackle and be his attacking threat that he could be...
He is in that grey area between too good for cup, and not big enough for 1st grade yet, Luai was like that when Maloney was around, he slowly bulked up and voila, ready made rep half... i reckon we are being too hasty with this process/progress, and it doesn't help that he is 28... not early 20s... by the time he gets to form level, he'll be 29/30... he'll come good, ive seen his grade games many times, he is a weapon.. the transition to 1st grade isn't easy.. wait till he has a solid and consistent 30 plus minutes every game then we can all judge

The 20 mins is the issue, It means you need to carry Kenny as a hooker instead of a middle which flows on to the bench makeup

MugaB

Coach
The 20 mins is the issue, It means you need to carry Kenny as a hooker instead of a middle which flows on to the bench makeup
Kenny plays as a middle anyway.. i don't see the difference, he does a great wealth of tackling, and if we remember the last GF, him a leota went gangbusters on the fwd pack of the eels, just demolished them...

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Imo without being nasty to anyone, for luke to be better than Api by the end of next year, he would have to be super human as his body doesn't seem up to to play more than 20 mins and Api is the best NSW Hooker. It's a really big call.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
Kenny plays as a middle anyway.. i don't see the difference, he does a great wealth of tackling, and if we remember the last GF, him a leota went gangbusters on the fwd pack of the eels, just demolished them...

Cause Api was playing 50 mins. We knew Kenny could play 20 mins in the middle. Now we have Lindsay Smith for those minutes and can't play Hosking for example.

MugaB

Coach
Cause Api was playing 50 mins. We knew Kenny could play 20 mins in the middle. Now we have Lindsay Smith for those minutes and can't play Hosking for example.
If you want Lindsay smith, Spenser Leniu, Martin, and Salmon as the bench?
Martin and Leniu play the 1/2 punch props off the bench when Leota/Fish finish after 25mins, what do we need Smith for? Unless there's an injury, he isn't needed, you don't need to carry 3 middles, kenny acts as a middle in the rotation anyways, and next year leniu is off the the rorters, so LSmith can take that spot

Iamback

Coach
If you want Lindsay smith, Spenser Leniu, Martin, and Salmon as the bench?
Martin and Leniu play the 1/2 punch props off the bench when Leota/Fish finish after 25mins, what do we need Smith for? Unless there's an injury, he isn't needed, you don't need to carry 3 middles, kenny acts as a middle in the rotation anyways, and next year leniu is off the the rorters, so LSmith can take that spot

Yeah he seems surplus to me.

Kenny is getting middle minutes. Hosking to an edge pushes Martin or Sorro to the middle.

Leaves Leota and Fish to finish the game.

That just leaves what coverage you want from the 14. Salmon can do most expect hooker

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Any news on Luai signing yet? Starting to drag out as expected as I'm pretty sure he is leaving. I guess he is waiting till after origin but I think tigers will pounce as Benji would want Luai.