What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
Is it just me or does Brandy look extra smug when asked his thoughts on where Ben Hunt will end up?
He has been paid 75% of his 2023 deal so are you thinking a TPG type situation? Come here for the last third of this season before going to the Titans?

Kilkenny

Coach
I'm trying to figure out why else he looks like a kid at Xmas talking about Hunt leaving the Dragons...
it is obvious he is going to move on, after tonight who knows.

The Dragons season is over.

He will be off to the Titans in 2024 and beyond so as silly as it sounds it is not beyond a mid season signing.

Come here, gives him a chance to play semi finals at the very least, at hooker but maybe number 7 if injury befalls Nathan.

I would think we would need the money from May who incurred his season ending injury in the WCC But I’m not sure how our application ended up.

Its not as wild an idea as it sounds.

Abacus

Juniors
Brandy said that for Hunt to win a comp in Qld, he'd have to play hooker for the Broncos...all the while he was smiling like he knows something nobody else does. Vonnie & Ennis looked like someone had died...Brandy looked like he'd won lotto.
When asked where he thinks Hunt will end up, with a big smirk he said he didn't know but that logic says SE QLD.

I'm likely reading too much into it but he just looked way to happy...particularly considering he was part of the Blues hierarchy that got smashed 2 nights ago.

Kilkenny

Coach
Brandy said that for Hunt to win a comp in Qld, he'd have to play hooker for the Broncos...all the while he was smiling like he knows something nobody else does. Vonnie & Ennis looked like someone had died...Brandy looked like he'd won lotto.
It’s speculation, but at the same time it is something we should seriously look at.

Ben Hunts career at the Dragons is over. It is clear he wants out and you can’t force a player to stay when they don’t want to be there.

Long term, he has made it clear he wants to go home and the Titans are his most likely destination.

Short term, given the Dragons season is over after tonight we’ll I would think he is the perfect short term play if we could pull it off.

Dont know whether we have the money or whether Ivan would even be interested but it makes sense.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

If this happens it would be BRILLIANT.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
When asked where he thinks Hunt will end up, with a big smirk he said he didn't know but that logic says SE QLD.

I'm likely reading too much into it but he just looked way to happy...particularly considering he was part of the Blues hierarchy that got smashed 2 nights ago.

and 2 days after the anniversary of his brother's Ben death.......2 and 2 please let's make it 4.....

Flashstep

Juniors
If we somehow snagged Ben Hunt to play hooker for us for the rest of the season we’d be catapulted to heavy favourites for it all once again. Don’t wanna get my hopes up but f**k it would be good lol.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
If we somehow snagged Ben Hunt to play hooker for us for the rest of the season we’d be catapulted to heavy favourites for it all once again. Don’t wanna get my hopes up but f**k it would be good lol.
If I was Ben Hunt I'd 100% come here.. back to back prems with a stacked side all you have to do is rock up and play some hooker and you'll be extremely likely to win your first ring for what afew weeks of footy.

Kilkenny

Coach
Dragons would want some form of player swap if they were to let him go early.. Could offer them Garner.
No, nothing do do with prayer swaps mate.

Ben Hunt doesn’t want to be at the club and you can’t keep a player who doesn’t want to be at your club.

Ben Hunt leaving leaving simply frees up anywhere between $1M - $1.4M a season depending on who you believe in the media.

The Dragons are going to undergo yet another massive rebuild but allowing Ben Hunt out of his last two years, get rid of Jack Bird who is on something around $800k a season, a few others a# well at least the incoming coach can rebuild on his terms.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
No, nothing do do with prayer swaps mate.

Ben Hunt doesn’t want to be at the club and you can’t keep a player who doesn’t want to be at your club.

Ben Hunt leaving leaving simply frees up anywhere between $1M - $1.4M a season depending on who you believe in the media.

The Dragons are going to undergo yet another massive rebuild but allowing Ben Hunt out of his last two years, get rid of Jack Bird who is on something around $800k a season, a few others a# well at least the incoming coach can rebuild on his terms.
Only thing is Dragons losing a star half will there for make them in need of a star half replacement and there is hardly any off contract

murraymob

Coach
W
We can’t sign who we got unlikely we could sign anyone outside

WestyLife

First Grade
No one saw the TPG signing coming.

We have kept a spot or two open and while I don’t think our powers that be would have contemplated someone likeBen Hunt who knows could be worth exploring.

Small correction its TPJ - Tevita Pangai Junior

Latest posts