What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

murraymob

Coach
Hi Pomoz. Going well.
Robbo is safe. Has runs on the board and is tight with Uncle Nick. He needs to make a few tough calls though. Some of the retention and signings boggles me. I love the Spencer signing next year. Not fussed on Dom Young. Brandon Smith so far has been an expensive bust.
IMO the club rushed too quickly to re-sign Teddy. He is slipping. There is a belief to have long serving players finish their careers here. like Aubo. Players like JWH, Teddy and Toops fit that bracket. I am not nostalgic, I would move them on.
I don't think Robbo has kept up with with the new rules compared to other coaches either. Our discipline and defence sucks. Ryles and Suaalii were/are unwelcome distractions. Angus delayed start to the year hasn't helped.
Other clubs like yours (even with the loss of players) are on another level. Feels like we are in a long premiership hangover and haven't planned for the future.
Did may sign a extension earlier in the year

Pomoz

Bench
We have had a good the run. The last decade was prosperous enough.
Yes it was, I hope we can get as good a run as that. I think you are being modest though. You have more like 20 years of being super competitive, even with your wooden spoon year. It has been a golden era for the roosters. Ironically starting when you took our coach and best player. No grudges, it is what it is. After all, you sent our old coach back to us and that hasn't ended to badly has it?

Fox Sports (https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/81334ce7bfba08000e55bad7dd30b4ae) have a bit more about the deal that's been offered to Edwards and some info on Luai's situation too -

PANTHERS’ RETENTION DRIVE

Panthers powerbrokers have reportedly offered gun fullback Dylan Edwards a three-year extension, hoping to re-sign him before he hits the open market on November 1.

That is according to the SMH, who are reporting Penrith’s contract offer is worth $850,000-per-season.

The new salary tabled is a significant upgrade from his current deal worth a reported $550,000-per-year with that contract expiring at the end of the 2024 season.

Negotiations are reportedly continuing but the Panthers are confident the 2022 Clive Churchill Medallist will remain at the foot of the mountain.

Meanwhile, fellow spine member Jarome Luai will also be free to negotiate with rivals for the 2025 season come November 1.

Penrith’s ability to retain all their key players was a major talking point leading in to this season, having already re-signed Scott Sorensen, Moses Leota and Isaah Yeo this year.

Luai is reportedly in no rush to commit to a new contract while gun backrower Liam Martin will also be free to field offers from rivals after this season.

Latest posts