What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Blade23

Juniors
I like what I've seen from him. If our spot in the top 4/8 is settled by the last round maybe he will see some time in first grade.

EDIT: Or not as he needs to be in the top 30 or development to play first grade.

From round 10 this year clubs can pick any player for FG regardless of contract.
If they are outside the top 30 their salary has to be factored in the salary cap though. Usually match payments.

Kilkenny

Coach
The current Gus Gould situation is interesting.

Big Tino from the Titans, that was never gonna happen, meeting with Blake Taffe when local junior in Jake Averillo not retained and allowed to leave. Very similar players in my opinion.

I didn’t watch the blowup with Chammas on whatever show it is on, but from reading the response it seems he may be feeling a little under pressure right now.

Exsilium

Coach
The current Gus Gould situation is interesting.

Big Tino from the Titans, that was never gonna happen, meeting with Blake Taffe when local junior in Jake Averillo not retained and allowed to leave. Very similar players in my opinion.

I didn’t watch the blowup with Chammas on whatever show it is on, but from reading the response it seems he may be feeling a little under pressure right now.

Gus will always have his detractors but he's done enough for the game to have the right to have an opinion.

There are a lot of louder voices with very little substance opening their mouths on a regular basis.

Kilkenny

Coach
Gus will always have his detractors but he's done enough for the game to have the right to have an opinion.

There are a lot of louder voices with very little substance opening their mouths on a regular basis.
He’s under attack right now, probably even more so than ever before.

Im not quite sure how the acquisition of Toby Sexton is going to play out long term, maybe a spine of Crichton, Burton, Sexton and Mahoney could be better than what they’ve had but still huge question marks.

Exsilium

Coach
He’s under attack right now, probably even more so than ever before.

Im not quite sure how the acquisition of Toby Sexton is going to play out long term, maybe a spine of Crichton, Burton, Sexton and Mahoney could be better than what they’ve had but still huge question marks.

They have had many years of mediocrity.

Kikau was injured, Flanagan issues, lost Nick Meaney etc

Next year they'll be better

Fangs

Coach
The Bulldogs were playing worse than Penrith circa 2008-2009 before Luke Walsh arrived.

Sexton was a necessary signing. They may even scrape another win together.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Taffe is a gun fullback. If we didn't have Edwards I'd be more than happy to have him. Still waiting on Luai to sign but all this time I've had a gut feeling he will walk.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Taffe is too good for NSWcup. Where would Jarome go, Tigers?
We should buy Taffe as our 14 plus great depth for when Edwards takes Teddys spot after tonight's origin game.
I have a feeling he could end up at the raiders or yeah maybe tigers...wouldn't surprise if Gus landed him at the dogs to play 6 with Burton back to centres. Raiders have the cash and desperately need a star half.

We should buy Taffe as our 14 plus great depth for when Edwards takes Teddys spot after tonight's origin game.
I have a feeling he could end up at the raiders or yeah maybe tigers...wouldn't surprise if Gus landed him at the dogs to play 6 with Burton back to centres. Raiders have the cash and desperately need a star half.
I think he doesn't wanna be a 14 I heard yesterday. He won't play 6 at the Dogs. Unless Burton goes to centre. They have Sexton and looking at Sullivan.

MugaB

Coach
Why is it every time there is a player off contract...
We should buy him, ffs, we struggle to keep who we have... other NRL players won't improve our team unless they were fringe guys like sorrenson or hosking, that can build into NRL grade thru our system... its like asking for brandon smith then seeing the car crash that is the Sydney Rosters