What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

The Realist

Juniors
I wonder how he would be feeling, or if he really wants it. If a club is full of shit, I would back out.

Contract issues aside - it's too late for Crichton to back out now. We have used all his cap space. He'd literally have to play for peanuts to play for us now. Not going to happen after he has recently bought 2 properties.

19Panther90

Juniors
Yea I understand, but it says alot for the Mob he is going too. When a club is desperate they make desperate decisions. I cant see Ciraldo lasting if there is another season like this. The board may even get rid of Phil, who in my opinion his decision making lately has alot to answer.

martielang

Bench
What the Dogs say publicly and privately may be two different things though. The public don't need to know what they've promised SC.

Alintheeast

Juniors
All shit teams have no patience
100% correct can refer to late 1970s Panther signing anybody from anywhere. Looking under rocks for the next big thing. We needed patience Junior development was the future. Remember watching some brilliant kids when my son playing juniors. Gould would have recognised this as he was at Penrith at the time.

Blade23

Juniors
Do you know what we would do if Kenny were to get a season ending injury? Is there anything in the kitty to go to market for a short stay replacement?

Very little.
The transfer deadline is August 7th for the final spot. Unless something happens this weekend. The club has been committed for awhile to go with what we have. And fill the final 2 spots from within. Now 1 spot with Mav 29.

We still have the option of using players from within the club. It doesn't matter if they are outside the top 30 or not a dev player. The club can still use them if desperate.
From round 10 this year clubs can pick any player for FG regardless of contract. If they are outside the top 30 their salary has to be factored in the salary cap though. Usually match payments.

Munky

Coach
Aslong as it was for only for an annual supply of Mulgoa Rd KFC vouchers I'm fine with the Peach signing.

snickers007

Juniors
This was certainly kept quiet. All the rags had him signing with the Rabbits.

Happy to have him for another year to help mentor some of the younger brigade, and no doubt he'll play his share of NRL too - hopefully it will be as a 14 rather than in a starting role.