What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Original Name

Juniors
@Blade23 Do you roughly know how the club feels about how Mav's development been progressing? Feels like the club's giving him a lot of rope to be this raw at the age of 22 and re-signing him in comparison to other guys with greater consistency that the club could bring in or let go who have been that more consistent.

I can tell he's very talented but he's is his talent and ceiling viewed as that high?

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
@Blade23 Do you roughly know how the club feels about how Mav's development been progressing? Feels like the club's giving him a lot of rope to be this raw at the age of 22 and re-signing him in comparison to other guys with greater consistency that the club could bring in or let go who have been that more consistent.

I can tell he's very talented but he's is his talent and ceiling viewed as that high?

Interesting question this. Because I feel like for the last 2 years he never really got put in one position.

He's played prop, edge forward, lock - played games where he started and then when he's expected to come off the bench and provide impact.

So I think first, we need to decide what he is - Is he a come off the bench middle to provide impact - or a 60 minute edge?

Rubbish

Smith will be in 17
May should be Centre

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-31-09-15-48-047_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-31-09-15-48-047_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android-edit.jpg
    437.3 KB · Views: 24

maple_69

Bench
Good luck Jack, just like SOS, he got solid game time and did his job really well when called upon. I also think it forced us to bring Luai into the game more during the stretch without Cleary and since he has come back Luai has continued to come off his edge a lot more. It's not seamless at this stage but its definitely an evolution we need to go through to get our attack humming in a post Kikau/Api world.

Blade23

Juniors

That rate him highly. They fought very hard a couple of years ago when the Storm were very close to getting him. Probably true they have given him more rope compared to other young players coming through. They clearly see something in him.
I agree with @betcats his role should be more defined. I think they are still trying to work it out tbh.

Nothing wrong with being the first drop outside back. Injuries and Origin mean he'll get plenty of game time.

Good signing imo. He's a more well rounded player than he was when he was here imo.
I thought Staines was unwanted by the Panthers, hence his move?

Blade23

Juniors
I thought Staines was unwanted by the Panthers, hence his move?

He was never unwanted.
It was a purely a business decision. It freed up a little cash for us, (getting us Peach cheap and the Tigers taking over most of his contract) and it gave him a chance to play more FG elsewhere.
Unfortunately it hasn't worked out for him this year.

Latest posts