What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Not really a fair comparison given the EPL doesn’t have a salary cap.

Our days of “marquee signings” are done. Where we cannot fill from within we’re going to need to look at less attractive options. It has served us pretty well so far, see Capewell, Sorensen, O’Sullivan, Hosking, Cogger etc.

From a Tigers perspective Peachey, Garner and Eisenhuth have been serviceable for the price paid. If the club can get Douehi on a cheap enough contract I’d back them to get the best out of him.
He doesn't have a best though

The Realist

Juniors
Plan B is not adam douhei, its already daine lauire, not sure why you think douhei is a good options or even in the same ball park as Romy who has just won 3 comps in a row in 4 GFs, atleast daine has past training with the squad, douhei offers nothing

Exactly. Even on minimum wage he has more downside than upside. 3 ACL's tends to do that to anyone!

MugaB

Coach
Exactly. Even on minimum wage he has more downside than upside. 3 ACL's tends to do that to anyone!
Im not really caring about past injuries, its the dumb showcase mentality, he isn't a team player, im not sure that we'd sign him and waste a top30 spot on him, when there's heaps of juniors with the panther work ethic ahead of guys like him, we tend to sign guys from outside the squad who carry a team first mentality, he definitely ain't it

Luke Bowden

First Grade
We have 27 spots taken. Who isn't signed that is ready for FG next year?
I’d have to look at the list. There would be plenty though.

Adam Douhei won’t be ready for first grade next year. It’s a complete waste of a roster spot for any team, let alone us.

I really hope there is no substance to this.

Pick any of last years NSW Cup squad that isn’t signed and sign him up.

Sammy Lane for instance.

Iamback

Coach
I’d have to look at the list. There would be plenty though.

Adam Douhei won’t be ready for first grade next year. It’s a complete waste of a roster spot for any team, let alone us.

I really hope there is no substance to this.

Pick any of last years NSW Cup squad that isn’t signed and sign him up.

Sammy Lane for instance.

We saw last year in NSW Cup that you need some old heads around those guys.

Particularly as the options to replace the best centre in the comp are:

A winger coming off an ACL
A teenager with suspect defence

I hope we are looking for an experienced outside back and an older middle, whether it is Doeuhi or not that sort of player is perfect for 12 months

Chins get the wins

First Grade

I hope we are looking for an experienced outside back and an older middle, whether it is Doeuhi or not that sort of player is perfect for 12 months
We'd just be carrying an injury prone bum. He's not worth looking at

Luke Bowden

First Grade

May, Alomoti, Tito, McLean and Cole.

Critter will be replaced.

Who from this list would you consider?

Not much to choose from, but I’d have a look at Tepai Moeroa. Would be useful off the bench perhaps.

I wouldn’t mind having Staines back but we’d have a few players like McLean ahead of him I would imagine.

Iamback

Coach
May, Alomoti, Tito, McLean and Cole.

Critter will be replaced.

again May, Tito and Cole are yet to play an NRL game at centre.

Where did I say he wouldn't be replaced? Those options above aren't guaranteed to be ready this year.

So someone to possibly plug a gap like Momo did covers that

Iamback

Coach
Who from this list would you consider?

Not much to choose from, but I’d have a look at Tepai Moeroa. Would be useful off the bench perhaps.

I wouldn’t mind having Staines back but we’d have a few players like McLean ahead of him I would imagine.

Staines is a good shout. Looking at the squad we don't have wingers/centres stocked up. Grant Anderson is better as he covers centre and wing

Jordan McLean would be good on the cheap but I doubt he moves here just for a season.

The best option is someone gets released. The current club pays some freight