What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Fangs

Coach
Waqa would be great but he isn't coming cheap. At 28 he has plenty left to offer in first grade and won't spend it playing reggies.

Momo was the guy to sign on the cheap as centre cover. But he has just signed with Leeds.

snickers007

Juniors
again May, Tito and Cole are yet to play an NRL game at centre.

Where did I say he wouldn't be replaced? Those options above aren't guaranteed to be ready this year.

So someone to possibly plug a gap like Momo did covers that

Spot on. Alamoti and McLean have a combined 20 matches at NRL level, for a 25% win rate - compare that to Critta who played 69 at centre games, for 84% rate. Both guys on the field at once can't fill his shoes yet.
Even Tiny May is gonna be a push IMO. He's only played about 6 games at Centre in NSW Cup, similar for Turuva.

I think we're gonna see a cast of many fill our 3 & 4 jerseys next season.
Obviously Tago will fill one jersey when fit. But wouldn't be surprised to see Peachey, Garner, Hosking join May, Turuva, Alamoti and maybe Cole and McLean fighting for the other.

And given Ivan is a very conservative and defense-first coach, I reckon Garner would be favorite to start the year.

Fangs

Coach
Waqa? Jesus mate have you watched a game in the last 3 years. He is complete ass.

He was fine in 2022 until paired with Ferguson. And he still suffers from PTSD after his night on the wing at Penrith (He never should have been on the wing in the first place). 2023 a year to forget but plenty of players have those.

He will be back in first grade.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
He was fine in 2022 until paired with Ferguson. And he still suffers from PTSD after his night on the wing at Penrith (He never should have been on the wing in the first place). 2023 a year to forget but plenty of players have those.

He will be back in first grade.

2021 wasn't it? Some team will pick him up, but we didn't only move him because of his price tag. Cant see us remotely looking at him, or at least hope not

Fangs

Coach
2021 wasn't it? Some team will pick him up, but we didn't only move him because of his price tag. Cant see us remotely looking at him, or at least hope not

2022. We belted them week one then got them again in the grand final.

I agree we won't look at him, too much money and while I'm in the minority I think he still has something to offer. If he believes that too then he won't come here to play reserve grade on a reduced deal.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
2022. We belted them week one then got them again in the grand final.

I agree we won't look at him, too much money and while I'm in the minority I think he still has something to offer. If he believes that too then he won't come here to play reserve grade on a reduced deal.

I thought Fergo was shown the door in 2021?

Iamback

Coach
Spot on. Alamoti and McLean have a combined 20 matches at NRL level, for a 25% win rate - compare that to Critta who played 69 at centre games, for 84% rate. Both guys on the field at once can't fill his shoes yet.
Even Tiny May is gonna be a push IMO. He's only played about 6 games at Centre in NSW Cup, similar for Turuva.

I think we're gonna see a cast of many fill our 3 & 4 jerseys next season.
Obviously Tago will fill one jersey when fit. But wouldn't be surprised to see Peachey, Garner, Hosking join May, Turuva, Alamoti and maybe Cole and McLean fighting for the other.

And given Ivan is a very conservative and defense-first coach, I reckon Garner would be favorite to start the year.

Also against May will be it usually takes a while to get up to speed after an ACL tear.

I'd agree with Garner except I am not sure he won't be needed in the pack. Depends how well Hosking pre season is.

Luai getting a shoulder reco and having Laurie there for the 1st month. Rules out Peachey for my liking too

YoungPanther

Juniors
Staines is a good shout. Looking at the squad we don't have wingers/centres stocked up. Grant Anderson is better as he covers centre and wing

Jordan McLean would be good on the cheap but I doubt he moves here just for a season.

The best option is someone gets released. The current club pays some freight
Jordan McLean - I am friends with a close relative of his and been trying to get him to convince Jordan to be a Panther for a while now. All in jest. Jordan and family love NQ and told he will go around 1 more year with them.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
again May, Tito and Cole are yet to play an NRL game at centre.

Where did I say he wouldn't be replaced? Those options above aren't guaranteed to be ready this year.

So someone to possibly plug a gap like Momo did covers that
No one that has been mentioned is an improvement on May.

He’s not a gamble

Iamback

Coach
Jordan McLean - I am friends with a close relative of his and been trying to get him to convince Jordan to be a Panther for a while now. All in jest. Jordan and family love NQ and told he will go around 1 more year with them.

That is how I see it. Maybe takes a 2-3 year deal in England, no point coming here for a season

Latest posts