What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

betcats

Referee
Zane as depth maybe would be ok, maybe. As a top 17 player, not likely. I think there is a bit of a gap in our props. Obviously the top 3 are there with fish leota and smith. The last spot is looking like Henry who did have a great year in cup. But who is next in case of an injury? probably Huth I guess, he has never let us down but I still think its a bit thin. If Henry struggles to adjust or if we have more than one injury who is after Huth? We'd be relying on some pretty inexperienced guys.

Zane as depth maybe would be ok, maybe. As a top 17 player, not likely. I think there is a bit of a gap in our props. Obviously the top 3 are there with fish leota and smith. The last spot is looking like Henry who did have a great year in cup. But who is next in case of an injury? probably Huth I guess, he has never let us down but I still think its a bit thin. If Henry struggles to adjust or if we have more than one injury who is after Huth? We'd be relying on some pretty inexperienced guys.
Good no. I will dry wrench if he rejoins our great club.

mxlegend99

Referee
Martin or Sorensen probably best bet to shift ti front row. We have Garner and Hosking for second row which for mine is better than the 4th choice front row options.

8. Fish
9. Kenny
10. Leota
11. Hosking
12. Martin
13. Yeo

14. Somerton
15. Garner
16. Sorensen
17. Smith

Still a pretty strong pack without Leniu. Depth gets thin quickly. But we just need our best 17 available for 4 in a row.

betcats

Referee
Martin or Sorensen probably best bet to shift ti front row. We have Garner and Hosking for second row which for mine is better than the 4th choice front row options.

8. Fish
9. Kenny
10. Leota
11. Hosking
12. Martin
13. Yeo

14. Somerton
15. Garner
16. Sorensen
17. Smith

Still a pretty strong pack without Leniu. Depth gets thin quickly. But we just need our best 17 available for 4 in a row.

Id like to see Garner get some more minutes. I think he caught up to the intensity we play with at the back end of this year and when he was in the side he looked dangerous and didnt have any defensive lapses. His game in the centres he actually defended really well. He is the best hole runner we have. If he has a good offseason id like to see him as a mainstay in the 17. We also need him as the utility option for back line injuries if we are going to have sommerton on the bench.

Original Name

Juniors
You could say the same about Kikau, Api, Capewell, SOS, Naden etc. Virtually everyone who's left us in recent times has gotten worse.
Api still plays to the same level. If he gets into a position where he's about to set up someone for a try but his runner is 3 steps behind where they need to be and he's dummying to no one that's not Api playing badly.

Last edited:

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Api still plays to the level. If he gets into a position where he's about to set up someone for a try but his runner is 3 steps behind where they need to be and he's dummying to no one that's not Api playing badly.
Api was passing from hooker to a half then running around the half to be second receiver half the year.

soc123_au

Staff member
Api was passing from hooker to a half then running around the half to be second receiver half the year.
Yeah, the bloke is still a gun. He still did some amazing stuff this year. If we had of been able to keep him it would have been like a cheat code, and that is no disrespect to Kenny as he was great, but Api is something special still.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Yeah, the bloke is still a gun. He still did some amazing stuff this year. If we had of been able to keep him it would have been like a cheat code, and that is no disrespect to Kenny as he was great, but Api is something special still.
Yeah we don't go down by 16 in the GF with him. He would have got Luai going straighter and we would have been up by 12 at least at halftime. I do love Kenny though the bloke is all ticker

Iamback

Coach

8. Fish
9. Kenny
10. Leota
11. Hosking
12. Martin
13. Yeo

14. Somerton
15. Garner
16. Sorensen
17. Smith

That is my top 17 too. I'd start Garner with Sorro bench prop to give extra defence on May's side