What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
That's not how our cap it set up in my opinion. We'll be counting on Jesse McClean to take one of those spots with all our key players locked up. I think we will continuously have very good backs that only play a few years here then get replaced with kids.

Yep. Young kids and rejects that we hope to turn around, To go with our stars is the model

ben92

Juniors
I’ve been reading the posts submitted and beginning to realise that perhaps we could never see an NRL team as good as Penrith 21, 22, and 23. However, Penrith 24 might even have been better again except losing Critter(cometh the man cometh the hour) might impact. I sat in the parking lot surveying Panthers complex and wondered how they couldn’t find a few hundred grand to keep him here.
He wanted to play FB though. and the dogs offered him that aswell as the extra $$

maple_69

Bench
I think 24 will be as good as, if not better than 23. 22 will remain a big step ahead of all of them until I see otherwise.
Critta/Leniu out but Hosking/May is not a drastic step down while we will hopefully have Tago for most of the season, Cleary is hitting his prime, Kenny is constantly improving, Luai has a stack more to give this year, we have better options for that 14/17 this year with Garner/Sommerton/Laurie in the mix. We have some big areas where the team gets a big weaker obviously, but I think we have more where the team should improve to offset them.

Big question is how much can Brisbane improve or can another team take a massive step forward.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I think 24 will be as good as, if not better than 23. 22 will remain a big step ahead of all of them until I see otherwise.
Critta/Leniu out but Hosking/May is not a drastic step down while we will hopefully have Tago for most of the season, Cleary is hitting his prime, Kenny is constantly improving, Luai has a stack more to give this year, we have better options for that 14/17 this year with Garner/Sommerton/Laurie in the mix. We have some big areas where the team gets a big weaker obviously, but I think we have more where the team should improve to offset them.

Big question is how much can Brisbane improve or can another team take a massive step forward.
Not carrying Luke at 14 would be massive. He offered sweet FA really

soc123_au

Staff member
Was interesting this year how Salmon and Luke both fell well out of favour in the space of a minute. Neither got another sniff.
Salmon I'd say was because he was leaving. Not to be bitchy, but why better served using someone who was still going to be around longer, That and Cogger was better cover for Luai in the finals.

Soni never got a sniff after Ivan sniffed his finger.

Crashtest

Juniors
Ivan doesn’t seem the type to drop a player just because they have signed elsewhere for the following season. He didn’t do it in previous years, so don’t think he wouldn’t started this year.

This year though he seemed to want a player that could also cover hooker, hence Luke, and then Cogger once he showed he could also play there if needed and who also provided half cover as well.

As for Salmon, this year we had Peachey, Garner and Hosking who all offered more impact from the bench in the centre/backrower bench spot.

Last edited:

Fangs

Coach
Kurt Capewell on the outer.

Interesting as he was desperate to move back to Brisbane. Not sure how keen he would be to live in NZ. I imagine the Dolphins will have a look. Maybe the Titans but they are have Fifita and Fermor.

murraymob

Coach
Kurt Capewell on the outer.

Interesting as he was desperate to move back to Brisbane. Not sure how keen he would be to live in NZ. I imagine the Dolphins will have a look. Maybe the Titans but they are have Fifita and Fermor.
We should approach him with a bourbon and pie deal .Would be a good return player

murraymob

Coach
Is Gould becoming a embarrassing person for the dogs another secret meeting in the press.AFB meeting with Gould if they sign him no way are they getting Luia as well.That one less place for him to go

Latest posts