What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
Blore barely got on the field, so he makes no difference. Klemmer was good this year, so depends who else they have in the pipe. Pretty sure Klemmer is contracted for another 3 years, so who knows what happens there.

Blore would be a loss if he could stay healthy. Now Solo Man has been sent to the glue factory their injury woes may come good. They did for us.

They won't have the coin to upgrade on Klemmer and get Luai, So best case they move sideways. Certainly won't make the leap needed over other teams

soc123_au

Staff member
They won't have the coin to upgrade on Klemmer and get Luai, So best case they move sideways. Certainly won't make the leap needed over other teams
I reckon if they add Luai and he can bring his WC form they will surprise a lot of people. There is the makings of semi final bound squad there.

Their biggest issue is direction and defence. I believe Luai has it in him to steer a team around, especially if he and Api look after different areas of control. Their defence I have no idea how you fix that, most would be down to structure and attitude I'd imagine.

Black Magik

Juniors
I reckon if they add Luai and he can bring his WC form they will surprise a lot of people. There is the makings of semi final bound squad there.

Their biggest issue is direction and defence. I believe Luai has it in him to steer a team around, especially if he and Api look after different areas of control. Their defence I have no idea how you fix that, most would be down to structure and attitude I'd imagine.
Well, unlike last year, the only way is up for the Tigpies

Iamback

Coach

The issue they have is the case always, Those around them will make a jump also

Titans have an underperforming roster - Des should fix that

Dragons too. I'd back a Flanno coached team over Benji.

Souffs likely improve.

What time frame are we putting on the Dogs?

Then of course you have the current top 8.

Not sure an ageing Api, Untested Luai and Rookie coach have enough, particularly if they lose players as a result of paying overs for Luai

Blore barely got on the field, so he makes no difference. Klemmer was good this year, so depends who else they have in the pipe. Pretty sure Klemmer is contracted for another 3 years, so who knows what happens there.

Blore would be a loss if he could stay healthy. Now Solo Man has been sent to the glue factory their injury woes may come good. They did for us.
Another 3 years of Klemmer?

Must have been organised by Cleary before he jumped off the bus because I thought it was only Ivan that bought over the hill players on king and expensive contracts for the Tigers?

soc123_au

Staff member

Souffs likely improve.

Not sure an ageing Api, Untested Luai and Rookie coach have enough, particularly if they lose players as a result of paying overs for Luai
I'm not suggesting they make a run for the top 4, being competitive is a good start for them.

Dragons are pure arse. Flanno is an improvement on what they have had but they will still suck.

Dogs have no pack. They should have gotten the spoon this year, they got lucky with a few wins. Critta and a team of utilities isn't going to do much.

Titans I'm not sold on. Des will try and do his thing, but a lot will depend if the squad buys in. Not sure they have it in them.

Dolphins should improve if their pensioners can survive another season. Better on paper than this year for sure though.

Manly, The seaplod factor along with tissue turbo could see them battling for a spoon.

Cows, Don't rate them. 2022 was a fluke.

Eels, should be better

Souffs you would think will get better, f**kin' funny if they don't though.

Raiders, could be a pretty bleak year for them. Lost a few good players, Papa is getting old and don't think they have gained anyone of note.

Roosters, Dont rate them as a heavyweight, but still way better than the shit teams

Sharts, soft draw again so will be around the 8

Knights, see Roosters

Warriors, Not sure they duplicate this year, but no danger of being near the bottom

Storm, Bellamy could run out on his own and still push for top 4.

Broncos, Will be hungry, but Reynolds being another year older and a few losses could see them slip

Panthers, May the 4th be with you.

Obviously that will all most likely change come 2025, but I still think the Tigers will improve.

soc123_au

Staff member
Another 3 years of Klemmer?

Must have been organised by Cleary before he jumped off the bus because I thought it was only Ivan that bought over the hill players on king and expensive contracts for the Tigers?
He earned his pay this year based on what I saw. Forwards aren't their problem.

Chins get the wins

First Grade

Souffs likely improve.

Souths won't improve they still dont have a fullback

age.s

First Grade
I could see Luai having a bigger impact for the Tigers in attitude/defense than any other area. He's a solid defender in his own right for one, and if there's one thing he's universally hailed for its his energy off the field.

hindy111

Post Whore
With Boula and Toupo they have two genuine stars in the backline. I don't know much else about the others.
Luai adds one good spine player but how good will Api be by the time he comes?
Papali'i and Stefano go well. Twals ok.

They'll improve and might be a fringe top 8 side in a few years. Unusre if I see much more then that.

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm not suggesting they make a run for the top 4, being competitive is a good start for them.

Dragons are pure arse. Flanno is an improvement on what they have had but they will still suck.

Dogs have no pack. They should have gotten the spoon this year, they got lucky with a few wins. Critta and a team of utilities isn't going to do much.

Titans I'm not sold on. Des will try and do his thing, but a lot will depend if the squad buys in. Not sure they have it in them.

Dolphins should improve if their pensioners can survive another season. Better on paper than this year for sure though.

Manly, The seaplod factor along with tissue turbo could see them battling for a spoon.

Eels, should be better

Raiders, could be a pretty bleak year for them. Lost a few good players, Papa is getting old and don't think they have gained anyone of note.

Roosters, Dont rate them as a heavyweight, but still way better than the shit teams

Knights, see Roosters

Warriors, Not sure they duplicate this year, but no danger of being near the bottom

Broncos, Will be hungry, but Reynolds being another year older and a few losses could see them slip

Obviously that will all most likely change come 2025, but I still think the Tigers will improve.

If Turbo stays fit I think Manly are a top 4 chance. I like the squad. At $31 to win the title I might throw a few dollars

soc123_au

Staff member
If Turbo stays fit I think Manly are a top 4 chance. I like the squad. At $31 to win the title I might throw a few dollars
OIP.LmWterez5lFpM2GJhfB6NAHaEK

Iamback

Coach

Eels, should be better

Knights, see Roosters

Dragons roster will be better and Flanno will be able to get shit shipped out so will be much better in 2025. Particularly if they land AFB and Deardon.

I forgot about Dolphins, Herbie will be huge for them.

Lets say Tigers do make a run next year, I rate both their young halves. They then blow it up by adding a new half to the mix and losing a key player or 2.

pretty much undo the process, while others continue to build. That is the huge risk going down this path at buying a half at their stage in development

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Exten tiny Kenny and Turuva, let cole and Laurie prepare and shoot out over next year to establish themselves as next in line. Extend Tago.
That's not how our cap it set up in my opinion. We'll be counting on Jesse McClean to take one of those spots with all our key players locked up. I think we will continuously have very good backs that only play a few years here then get replaced with kids.

murraymob

Coach
Is
Gus always has a few irons in the fire. He wants Deardon but will be in the ear of Luai as plan B.
The Fox is going.
He is desperate for AFB. Everything is on the table. Keep an eye on Burton. So desperate I heard a rumour Kikau was proposed as a player swap for AFB. The Wahs knocked it back.
that because kikau want outs
Save your money I have a bridge that I can sell you great investment better option throw a few toll gates on there your making money