What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Just let Luai go ffs. We really don't need to be trying to increase his pay anywhere near 800k a year nor do we need to try keep him longer than the two years already offered. We have the worlds best halfback and a top 5 fullback in our spine as is plus we have to start thinking long term in positions like hooker (Kenny isn't the long term 9) no need to top up a ball running 6 when someone like Luaire is capable on 1/4 of the money.

Can't be greedy now and start paying overs on players like we did under the Elliot days as it could cost us alot of talent coming through! I'm already pissed that Leniu is gone who could have easily been a panther for life taking over Moses role in a year or two. Critter is gone, Burton gone, Kikau gone, Api gone and countless others! Remember when we were virtually promised that we would keep Kikau and Burton but lost them both?

Free the coin that Luai is chasing and invest it in the youth coming through.
No one coming through in the next 3-4 years is better or even as good as him.

He leaves a decent hole in our top squad that will be hard to fill.

He’s worth 850 over 3 years, that’s a no brainer.

Key position players of his standard are not easy to come by.

Iamback

Coach
No one coming through in the next 3-4 years is better or even as good as him.

He leaves a decent hole in our top squad that will be hard to fill.

He’s worth 850 over 3 years, that’s a no brainer.

Key position players of his standard are not easy to come by.

As I said.

I'd back someone to do his job with the ball, defence not so.

The list of rookie centres or those not up to standard in Peachey's case to have come in and carved up outside him is endless.

I'd back us to be top 4 with Garner/Laui left side.

Not sure we are so strong with Laurie or any of the cheap halves there. Even if we have to fork out $500k for a decent centre

Luke Bowden

First Grade
As I said.

I'd back someone to do his job with the ball, defence not so.

The list of rookie centres or those not up to standard in Peachey's case to have come in and carved up outside him is endless.

I'd back us to be top 4 with Garner/Laui left side.

Not sure we are so strong with Laurie or any of the cheap halves there. Even if we have to fork out $500k for a decent centre
100% we can replace centres.

We will be fine either way.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
They are all still young. We will have Jnrs come through and take their spots. We don’t need to worry about that for a while.

We are in a position where Premierships is what we care about.
Yeah but I want to give St Merge's 11 in a row a shake haha

We will obviously always rely on our juniors but it's a pipe dream to believe we don't need to buy a gun here and there

Chins get the wins

First Grade
When a gun is available and we are weak in that position. No issues
You really see no issue with so many of our guns being the same age?
We need to evolve our attack bigtime as well imo.

I do f**king love that these are the debates we now have.......once in a lifetime stuff has happened here. My eldest is growing up like a 90's Broncos fan, the little dude has no bloody idea

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I do f**king love that these are the debates we now have.......once in a lifetime stuff has happened here. My eldest is growing up like a 90's Broncos fan, the little dude has no bloody idea

Chins you're raising some interesting issues for the future. Something had Penrith hasn't had to deal with before in their history.

I'll come clean. I'd love Romey to re sign. Please stay.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

I don’t see it as an issue for the next 3-4 years.
Next Contracts, sure, but for the immediate future, nil issues.

Defence wins premierships, always has, always will.

Blade23

Juniors
I don’t think the club would be wasting their time offering a third year if both parties were wide apart.

I was told late last week he was likely gone. Hence my post on him likely leaving.
Now Luai has come back to the club indicating he would like another year added to their offer. Which I said in the past the club would do.
The clubs final play will come on Friday. We could be getting used to drive the Tigers offer up. As it is the only offer on the table. Or he may have had a sudden change of heart. The last few days have been very positive on our side.
If the meeting goes well and both sides want to strike a deal. I would not be surprised if we went up a tad more to seal the deal. If games are being played we will walk.

It is complete rubbish the Dogs are paying us respect by holding off in regards to not making a play for Luai. They went hard for Crichton and Spencer. Two players we wanted to keep.
The simple fact is the Dogs interest is barely lukewarm. Their meeting was a fizzer.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I was told late last week he was likely gone. Hence my post on him likely leaving.
Now Luai has come back to the club indicating he would like another year added to their offer. Which I said in the past the club would do.
The clubs final play will come on Friday. We could be getting used to drive the Tigers offer up. As it is the only offer on the table. Or he may have had a sudden change of heart. The last few days have been very positive on our side.
If the meeting goes well and both sides want to strike a deal. I would not be surprised if we went up a tad more to seal the deal. If games are being played we will walk.

It is complete rubbish the Dogs are paying us respect by holding off in regards to not making a play for Luai. They went hard for Crichton and Spencer. Two players we wanted to keep.
The simple fact is the Dogs interest is barely lukewarm. Their meeting was a fizzer.

This is great news Blade, considering how the W/T have been pushing hard for him.

If W/T get him, they will (by the looks of what your saying) pay huge money for him.

I'm hoping when he get's round the boys again, Jarome will realise that home is where the heart is.

Thanks for the update.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The idea that the 'dogs are not going to poach him' out of respect for Penrith is a fairytale.

Gus would murder his own grandma if he thought he could A....get away with it.

b: Create enough cap room for Jarome to go there.

Kilkenny

Coach

The WT are not that dumb surely.

One has to think they too have a limit. It would be non sensical if they allowed themselves to be placed into a position where they have to up the current offer what ever that may be.

Im definitely in the make a reasonable offer and in this case stick to it.

We have other priorities in terms of re-signings.

Kilkenny

Coach
The idea that the 'dogs are not going to poach him' out of respect for Penrith is a fairytale.

Gus would murder his own grandma if he thought he could A....get away with it.

b: Create enough cap room for Jarome to go there.
Alice, why do you have to default to Gus in almost every instance.

Do you really hate the guy that much.

C. I don’t think the Dogs have the cap space and don't want Jerome anyway.

Cameron Ciraldo was very diplomatic on radio this morning around Jerome but it they are realistic about chasing him he was very unconvincing.