What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Have you seen the way they are trying to push Klemmer out? Very unprofessional.

Pascoe is desperate to get one over us. Even if it's a bad deal he would take it. The longer a situation goes on with him the more irrational he becomes.

Correct me Blade if I'm wrong. Pascoe and Ivan used to be good mates until, he decided to come back to Penrith (that's my reading of this).

When it was announced a couple of days ago that Justin was 'taking over' the negotiations of Jarome's deal, I rubbed my hands together, with glee.

As the years roll on Justin looks, acts and sounds like this, especially when dealing with Penrith.

Correct me Blade if I'm wrong. Pascoe and Ivan used to be good mates until, he decided to come back to Penrith (that's my reading of this).

When it was announced a couple of days ago that Justin was 'taking over' the negotiations of Jarome's deal, I rubbed my hands together, with glee.

As the years roll on Justin looks, acts and sounds like this, especially when dealing with Penrith.

I could be wrong too. I'm wondering if there's still bad blood from Gus days too?

Kilkenny

Coach
Have you seen the way they are trying to push Klemmer out? Very unprofessional.

Pascoe is desperate to get one over us. Even if it's a bad deal he would take it. The longer a situation goes on with him the more irrational he becomes.
I have only seen what is being suggested by the media.

If Pascoe is that desperate and prepared to tip in big time we’ll perhaps we should take Klemmer of there hands.

Unlike many I think he could offer something for two seasons.

Klemmer is a super professional, will always deliver metres and a tackle efficiency rate second to none why wouldn’t we be open to it.

We love talking about our systems,improving players etc a pro like Klemmer coming to us a the back end of his career he would thrive on such an opportunity.

Iamback

Coach
I think that offer would be the right amount and length for the Panthers to go to try and get the deal done.

What Luai brings to the team off the field and adds to our culture, is alone worth and extra $50k and an extra year.

Luai can then make his new management team do some actual work to get him some thrid party deals to make up the difference of what the Tigers are offering him.

I have said it before, off field sponsorship is more valuable in a successful squad.

His resume is pretty good as it is now. Add 1 or 2 more premierships. Hopefully another Origin series win across the 4 year period and it sets him up very well for the next 10 years post footy

Iamback

Coach

If Pascoe is that desperate and prepared to tip in big time we’ll perhaps we should take Klemmer of there hands.

Klemmer is a super professional, will always deliver metres and a tackle efficiency rate second to none why wouldn’t we be open to it.

We love talking about our systems,improving players etc a pro like Klemmer coming to us a the back end of his career he would thrive on such an opportunity.

The swap that was proposed leaves us paying huge money for what would be a bench prop.

I'd take Klemmer for 1/3 what he is on not the reported $700k

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I have said it before, off field sponsorship is more valuable in a successful squad.

His resume is pretty good as it is now. Add 1 or 2 more premierships. Hopefully another Origin series win across the 4 year period and it sets him up very well for the next 10 years post footy
Luai will live or die by his personality post footy. He's a special case where achievements won't mean much

Whino

Bench

The same Klemmer that has been moved on twice now by two clubs. And now possibly a third?
The same Klemmer that abused a referee on field.
The same Klemmer that threw a tantrum at Hayden Knowles, that resulted in a formal complaint.
None of that behaviour has been replicated here by our players the past few seasons. No doubt due to Ivan's high standards.

No thanks, Klemmer is a hothead.
If we lose Luai the money can be better spent retaining what we have. Or buying another six.
It doesn't make commercial sense to have two rep props as starters and another one worth around $700k off the bench. I wouldn't even take on him with the Tigers paying freight.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
The same Klemmer that has been moved on twice now by two clubs. And now possibly a third?
The same Klemmer that abused a referee on field.
The same Klemmer that threw a tantrum at Hayden Knowles, that resulted in a formal complaint.
None of that behaviour has been replicated here by our players the past few seasons. No doubt due to Ivan's high standards.

No thanks, Klemmer is a hothead.
If we lose Luai the money can be better spent retaining what we have. Or buying another six.
It doesn't make commercial sense to have two rep props as starters and another one worth around $700k off the bench. I wouldn't even take on him with the Tigers paying freight.
Lindsay Smith is better.

Sime_11

Juniors
if the Tiges are the only real offer Luai has (apart from us) - another year offered makes sense - but not more cash - should be less cash - Luai either stays with the Black Cats or gets his paycheck at the Orange Cats.

@Blade23 - should we extend Luai - what is the likelihood of players we struggle to retain because the cap is tightened? (Tago, Kenny, May, Turuva, Hosking etc)

Blade23

Juniors

They were great mates.

Blade23

Juniors

If he goes there will be no swap.
Klemmer wouldn't fit in here.

Blade23

Juniors
if the Tiges are the only real offer Luai has (apart from us) - another year offered makes sense - but not more cash - should be less cash - Luai either stays with the Black Cats or gets his paycheck at the Orange Cats.

@Blade23 - should we extend Luai - what is the likelihood of players we struggle to retain because the cap is tightened? (Tago, Kenny, May, Turuva, Hosking etc)

If Luai stays we will lose a couple of players. 2-3.