What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Alice, why do you have to default to Gus in almost every instance.

Do you really hate the guy that much.

C. I don’t think the Dogs have the cap space and don't want Jerome anyway.

Cameron Ciraldo was very diplomatic on radio this morning around Jerome but it they are realistic about chasing him he was very unconvincing.

Every time I am critical of some of ways Gus does business, Kilkenny you jump right in.

Gus was never perfect, he did some good things here at Penrith. But towards the back end of his time here, Gus created lots of problems, cost the club money too, for the reasons I've explained.

I don't HATE Gus or anyone else for that matter.

I've said on another forum earlier today, if Gus offered for Luai, he would have to offload a couple of big players.

They don't have the cap space for AFB + Luai. AFB is the one they really want.

Kilkenny

Coach
Whether you liked him or didn’t there is no need to denigrate his legacy.

The good things that he accomplished laid the foundation for our success today.

We should be forever grateful for the positives and not dwell on the negatives.

I was told late last week he was likely gone. Hence my post on him likely leaving.
Now Luai has come back to the club indicating he would like another year added to their offer. Which I said in the past the club would do.
The clubs final play will come on Friday. We could be getting used to drive the Tigers offer up. As it is the only offer on the table. Or he may have had a sudden change of heart. The last few days have been very positive on our side.
If the meeting goes well and both sides want to strike a deal. I would not be surprised if we went up a tad more to seal the deal. If games are being played we will walk.

It is complete rubbish the Dogs are paying us respect by holding off in regards to not making a play for Luai. They went hard for Crichton and Spencer. Two players we wanted to keep.
The simple fact is the Dogs interest is barely lukewarm. Their meeting was a fizzer.
I'm beginning to lose respect for Criado.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Whether you liked him or didn’t there is no need to denigrate his legacy.

The good things that he accomplished laid the foundation for our success today.

We should be forever grateful for the positives and not dwell on the negatives.

Kilkenny, (sigh) I am not denigrating Gould's legacy. Gus is not the messiah. He is human, like we all are.

Gus made mistakes at Penrith, and at times cost the club big money. Living in denial about these facts is just silly.

I have said this over and over again (to you). Gus did some good things at Penrith. He, wasn't flawless. He also made some big mistakes. Corey Payne anyone as an example.

The yak

Juniors
The WT are not that dumb surely.

One has to think they too have a limit. It would be non sensical if they allowed themselves to be placed into a position where they have to up the current offer what ever that may be.

Im definitely in the make a reasonable offer and in this case stick to it.

We have other priorities in terms of re-signings.

Tigers are dumb enough to go more. They kept raising their offer for Moses!

Hooked

Juniors
I was told late last week he was likely gone. Hence my post on him likely leaving.
Now Luai has come back to the club indicating he would like another year added to their offer. Which I said in the past the club would do.
The clubs final play will come on Friday. We could be getting used to drive the Tigers offer up. As it is the only offer on the table. Or he may have had a sudden change of heart. The last few days have been very positive on our side.
If the meeting goes well and both sides want to strike a deal. I would not be surprised if we went up a tad more to seal the deal. If games are being played we will walk.

It is complete rubbish the Dogs are paying us respect by holding off in regards to not making a play for Luai. They went hard for Crichton and Spencer. Two players we wanted to keep.
The simple fact is the Dogs interest is barely lukewarm. Their meeting was a fizzer.

I said yesterday I think things are turning our way with Cameron's qoutes. I think the Dogs lack of interest possibly changed things?

Blade23

Juniors
The WT are not that dumb surely.

One has to think they too have a limit. It would be non sensical if they allowed themselves to be placed into a position where they have to up the current offer what ever that may be.

Im definitely in the make a reasonable offer and in this case stick to it.

We have other priorities in terms of re-signings.

Have you seen the way they are trying to push Klemmer out? Very unprofessional.

Pascoe is desperate to get one over us. Even if it's a bad deal he would take it. The longer a situation goes on with him the more irrational he becomes.

Iamback

Coach
Have you seen the way they are trying to push Klemmer out? Very unprofessional.

Pascoe is desperate to get one over us. Even if it's a bad deal he would take it. The longer a situation goes on with him the more irrational he becomes.

That is why I want it to happen...

Laurie wins our 6. Then we win the comp... Almost makes losing Luai worth it to see his tears

Crashtest

Juniors
Round up the deal

$2.7m over 3 years is a nice even amount.

I think that offer would be the right amount and length for the Panthers to go to try and get the deal done.

What Luai brings to the team off the field and adds to our culture, is alone worth and extra $50k and an extra year.

Luai can then make his new management team do some actual work to get him some thrid party deals to make up the difference of what the Tigers are offering him.