What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Care to explain how Smoothy happened to find 2 players on their heels in the biggest game of the year then?
Quick play the ball, players caught on the ground, no markers, he took about 3 steps and hit Fleggler who was storming onto it.

That’s Fatigue in defence, not amazing dummy half work.

If you don’t think Kenny is capable of that, you’re nuts.

mxlegend99

Referee
Ivan hadn’t trusted Api to start for about 6 weeks before then in the big games. In the Prelim, Api came on and played really well and provided a spark, but his role had ‘evolved’ already to maximise his effectiveness.
That wasn't about trust. It was a tactic to keep Api fresh. It's an 80 minute game and we are prepared for winning the game in the 80th minute if we need to.

Ivan was clearly wanting Kenny on for the dog fight shit and to bring Api on when the game opened up. It kind of backfired in one of those games because we had a lot of early possession and Kenny looked absolutely clueless. I don't think we expected to get the opportunities we did and Kenny certainly wasn't sure what to do with them.

Most games (finals especially) start off with big heavy blows early on and the game opens up as the other team gets a bit tired. Having a fresh Api come on for that period of the game was a tactic.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
That wasn't about trust. It was a tactic to keep Api fresh. It's an 80 minute game and we are prepared for winning the game in the 80th minute if we need to.

Ivan was clearly wanting Kenny on for the dog fight shit and to bring Api on when the game opened up. It kind of backfired in one of those games because we had a lot of early possession and Kenny looked absolutely clueless. I don't think we expected to get the opportunities we did and Kenny certainly wasn't sure what to do with them.

Most games (finals especially) start off with big heavy blows early on and the game opens up as the other team gets a bit tired. Having a fresh Api come on for that period of the game was a tactic.
Any minute Api was off we were a worse side

MugaB

Coach
Thanks Blade. Interesting that the Fijians played him on that opening match then.
When it comes to world cup sides, especially if you're a marquee player for that side, and lets face it if your not it in a teir one team, you are basically playing the whole game, win lose or draw, api playing for fiji at the the start, would have been a case of we need him to run the side... all game, they had wakeem at 7, who isn't the strongest leader of the pack

murraymob

Coach
No this Burton all over again .his management want him to move they get there hands on the commission for his new contract.There getting nothing on his current one
Simple tell him he is going nowhere and dock him money if he misses training or games

MugaB

Coach

F Him off now! What a p%%^*
I dont mind chammas as a reporter, but this stinks of rumours, luai skipping one day of training dont equal unrest or even that tigers are pushing for an early release...these feel like the bulldogs tactics around burton.... besides no one has secured Luai anyway, and he has been with these boys from day dot, they would have his back over the rumourmills from WT or DT reporters, FFS they are standing in huddle, if thats not a mark of respect, i don't what it, if you seriously believe that article of unrest, you need to get some brainscans, these boys have all seen players leave their group, critta, leniu this year, api, kiks, capewell, burton, etc they don't carry on on like muppets, if anything they'd be so happy for him that he has his future 5 seasons sorted, and maybe even giving him a ribbing over standing behind the goal posts for most of the games, and more holidays

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
I dont mind chammas as a reporter, but this stinks of rumours, luai skipping one day of training dont equal unrest or even that tigers are pushing for an early release...these feel like the bulldogs tactics around burton.... besides no one has secured Luai anyway, and he has been with these boys from day dot, they would have his back over the rumourmills from WT or DT reporters, FFS they are standing in huddle, if thats not a mark of respect, i don't what it

Chammas is close to both clubs.. He would know of any behind the scenes issues

MugaB

Coach
I am not aware of any dramas.

The past Ivan comments and Luai’s response on socials is nothing. All contact theatre. Neither have issues with each other. The media keep spinning it though.
I reckon it was piss take banter, Ivan loves his little digs here and there, and luai would have done the same "know your worth" hahaha its basically both of them putting shit on the media spin that they spun after Ivan said luai was unproven at 7 to run the side for a million etc.... well now WT took the bait hopefully they get to see romey as we do and see his potential.. but this all screams of Laundy tactics, besides Burton wasnt wven that good, and now the bulldogs are probably regretting it, imagine they had him when they really wanted him, he'd be traded out by now

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I reckon it was piss take banter, Ivan loves his little digs here and there, and luai would have done the same "know your worth" hahaha its basically both of them putting shit on the media spin that they spun after Ivan said luai was unproven at 7 to run the side for a million etc.... well now WT took the bait hopefully they get to see romey as we do and see his potential.. but this all screams of Laundy tactics, besides Burton wasnt wven that good, and now the bulldogs are probably regretting it, imagine they had him when they really wanted him, he'd be traded out by now

I think you're pretty spot on. The only way Jarome leaves early is IF the powers that be, believe that his replacement is ready to go, and will be better for the team.

I can imagine that Jarome like others, wants one last ride with the team, and a chance to earn a 4th premiership ring.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I think you're pretty spot on. The only way Jarome leaves early is IF the powers that be, believe that his replacement is ready to go, and will be better for the team.

I can imagine that Jarome like others, wants one last ride with the team, and a chance to earn a 4th premiership ring.
He's not going early because the Tigpies have nothing of worth