What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
Sorry, but I definitely can’t see a comparison between him and Welch, I really can’t.

He’s Liam Henry and in time he’ll be challenging Mose and Fish, but for the time being, he should be used off the bench, just like Spencer was.

He will change your mind.

Of course he is Liam Henry but every player plays a certain style to match another player, Just how well they can play it is all that changes

Iamback

Coach
For those playing at home. Here was Henry's numbers in NSW Cup

21 games
58mins a game
15 hit ups a game
156m a game
3 offloads total for the year
46 tackle break
41 tackles a game

Certainly nothing screams out impact from that

Lisati for example ave 88m a game in 25mins of game time.

Can Henry make an impact in less time is the question?

Players like Jake Trbojevic, Welsch, Twal for example can't and need game time to be effective.

Blade23

Juniors
Has Ivan and Matt been to that special bargin basement store at Westfields. Is he a local junior. If he stays he could be a very asute signing.

He reached out to the club and asked did they have anything for him. He just wanted a club. Past here helped.
Given no promises. The last two positions are quite competitive.
Good depth for reserve grade.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He reached out to the club and asked did they have anything for him. He just wanted a club. Past here helped.
Given no promises. The last two positions are quite competitive.
Good depth for reserve grade.

It's funny how continual sucess does that.....Hopefully it's another asute signing. Great that he's a local junior too.

Great that the club is potentially gaining depth. A bit of a feel good story. Probably will play for a pie and beer too.

It's a wonderful long term painkiller. I have severe arthritis R/H and Osteo that affects my whole body. Can't walk without assistance......so kinda important.

(I do here what you're saying)

It will be interesting to see if Kenny, Tito, Tagno, May can be kept on. I would imagine also if Laurie shows his 2023 ability at 6 he also will be extended.

I can see Laurie playing 6 in cup most weeks as a development strategy for him.
Hope they get all re-signed too, but I feel the domino effect has already started.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
For those playing at home. Here was Henry's numbers in NSW Cup

21 games
58mins a game
15 hit ups a game
156m a game
3 offloads total for the year
46 tackle break
41 tackles a game

Certainly nothing screams out impact from that

Lisati for example ave 88m a game in 25mins of game time.

Can Henry make an impact in less time is the question?

Players like Jake Trbojevic, Welsch, Twal for example can't and need game time to be effective.
While you’re on meaningless stats, what were his numbers per run when he was only playing 15-20 min stints. When he’s not in the starting role….. that would be more helpful…

Iamback

Coach
While you’re on meaningless stats, what were his numbers per run when he was only playing 15-20 min stints. When he’s not in the starting role….. that would be more helpful…

As you would know... he doesn't do that. Hence my question as to whether he could be effective doing it. There were games last year he played the full 80

You seem to think any one can do any role. Which is far from reality

Iamback

Coach
Hopefully, I was confident 3 years ago keeping those others. Now we got the money, should be an interesting year on and off the field.

I don't see any being that much in demand that they get a huge offer. In that case they are better off staying to developing for another contract.

Those who left were ready 'in their heads' for a new role or aren't in the side. Not sure where Kenny gets to start hooker in a top 4 team

Luke Bowden

First Grade
As you would know... he doesn't do that. Hence my question as to whether he could be effective doing it. There were games last year he played the full 80

You seem to think any one can do any role. Which is far from reality
Well that’s very far from the truth.

We are talking about Liam Henry and from what I’ve seen of him over the past 5-6 years, I think he’s capable of become and excellent Middle, starting with limited minutes role off the bench.

How that equates to me thinking anyone can do anything is beyond me.

I don't see any being that much in demand that they get a huge offer. In that case they are better off staying to developing for another contract.

Those who left were ready 'in their heads' for a new role or aren't in the side. Not sure where Kenny gets to start hooker in a top 4 team
Good point. Even when I Saw Sunia those weeks ago, he gave me confidence that he was staying. It is really Tago and May I'm Effy about. Even with what you say about his lack of modern medicine usage, some desperate club might still offer more.