What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
Some were expressing doubts about Cameron Ciraldos coaching credentials last year, he bounced back extremely well and showing he is a fine coach, regardless of how this season pans out for the Dogs. A little bit more quality in a few positions and we could see them as significant improvers next season. I’m not writing them off for this season, they could actually sneak into the eight which would be a terrific achievement.

They have a bad next 5 weeks and have had 2 more byes than the Cowboys. Round 20 should give a clearer position

Iamback

Coach
Regardless Ciraldo has done well even if things don’t go that well between now and the end of the season. They need to add some quality for him to take them to the next level.

For me it depends how much better people see this years roster.

They had 7 wins last year. How many extra wins is Crichton etc worth?

I think 10 wins is a good position, Not sure everyone will given they sit 6th now

Kilkenny

Coach
For me it depends how much better people see this years roster.

They had 7 wins last year. How many extra wins is Crichton etc worth?

I think 10 wins is a good position, Not sure everyone will given they sit 6th now

Ciraldo can coach that’s all I’m saying.

They have a bad next 5 weeks and have had 2 more byes than the Cowboys. Round 20 should give a clearer position
Let's hope they drop out of the 8 as their fans are going bonkers every week, they talking about winning the comp from the day they won 30-0 against the titans.

Murraymob1

Juniors
Some were expressing doubts about Cameron Ciraldos coaching credentials last year, he bounced back extremely well and showing he is a fine coach, regardless of how this season pans out for the Dogs. A little bit more quality in a few positions and we could see them as significant improvers next season. I’m not writing them off for this season, they could actually sneak into the eight which would be a terrific achievement.
Has he bounced back via coaching or Gould cheque book .Dean pay had no players bought during his time there and achieved greater results

Fangs

Coach
34 tries and 211 total points conceded. Bulldogs are 1st in the comp in defence (Up against best attack against the Roosters this Saturday).

Not just the players you bring in but the players you broom out. This year looks all about attitude at the Bulldogs and I put that on coaching and recruitment. Crichton alone doesn't give you the best defence in the competition.

The utility angle on recruitment might have seemed weird but they bought in guys from recently successful clubs: Crichton, Curran, Mann, Hutchinson, Tracey, Salmon etc. They haven't all turned out great but they've probably made the air feel very fresh around the club and at the very least strengthened their depth (They are 3rd in cup).

maple_69

Bench
Watching the Dogs last start against the Eels they had plenty of time on their try line and and they defended for one another and they had plenty of tries butchered or unluckily called back and they just kept coming. Results aside, the basic indicators of good attitude and culture are really clear to see and that’s a credit to Ciraldo. They definitely need some more talent, an upgrade at halfback and an elite middle to start, but they’ve got the foundation to get out of the vicious cycle of rebuilding now. Hopefully the Warriors do to, both clubs success is another nod to Ivan joining Bellamy and Bennett as a great.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Watching the Dogs last start against the Eels they had plenty of time on their try line and and they defended for one another and they had plenty of tries butchered or unluckily called back and they just kept coming. Results aside, the basic indicators of good attitude and culture are really clear to see and that’s a credit to Ciraldo. They definitely need some more talent, an upgrade at halfback and an elite middle to start, but they’ve got the foundation to get out of the vicious cycle of rebuilding now. Hopefully the Warriors do to, both clubs success is another nod to Ivan joining Bellamy and Bennett as a great.
Bellamy isn't a great

betcats

Referee
Zero tackle saying we've signed david to an nrl contract, assuming its a dev contract cause physically he looks like an NRL player he doesnt play like one yet.

Same article said Sommo doesnt have a contract for next year yet. Wonder what is happening there? Clear number 2 hooker right now, I know Billy Scott is rated but you'd think we would be keen on Sommo also.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Are you speaking about summerton or Scotty too hotty.
Zero tackle saying we've signed david to an nrl contract, assuming its a dev contract cause physically he looks like an NRL player he doesnt play like one yet.

Same article said Sommo doesnt have a contract for next year yet. Wonder what is happening there? Clear number 2 hooker right now, I know Billy Scott is rated but you'd think we would be keen on Sommo also.

Whino

Bench

They have done very well up until this point.

Whino

Bench

Panthers sign outside back to first NRL contract​

He has played 11 games for the NSW Cup team this season.​

Ethan Lee Chalk
WRITER | June 19, 2024 - 12:00pm

The Penrith Panthers have signed one of their most impressive reserve-grade players to their maiden NRL contract.

After making an immediate impact in his 11 NSW Cup games this season, outside back David Fale has signed a multi-year NRL deal with the Panthers, his maiden NRL contract.

Debuting in reserve grade last season, Fale has scored three tries, managed 20 tackle busts and three line-breaks and is averaging 67 running metres per match this season.

The signing of Fale to an NRL deal will see him compete with the likes of Paul Alamoti, Jesse McLean, Daine Laurie Casey McLean, Asu Kepaoa and Isaiah Iongi for the two vacant backline spots next season - Sunia Turuva will depart for the Wests Tigers, and Taylan May is set to have his contract torn up in the coming weeks.

Penrith has six players who remain off-contract at the end of the season, but it will likely be reduced to four with Paul Alamoti and Daine Laurie reportedly agreeing to new contracts.

Matthew Eisenhuth, Tyrone Peachey and Luke Sommerton remain without a contract for the 2025 NRL season.

I wonder if the

Panthers sign outside back to first NRL contract​

He has played 11 games for the NSW Cup team this season.​

Ethan Lee Chalk
WRITER | June 19, 2024 - 12:00pm

The Penrith Panthers have signed one of their most impressive reserve-grade players to their maiden NRL contract.

After making an immediate impact in his 11 NSW Cup games this season, outside back David Fale has signed a multi-year NRL deal with the Panthers, his maiden NRL contract.

Debuting in reserve grade last season, Fale has scored three tries, managed 20 tackle busts and three line-breaks and is averaging 67 running metres per match this season.

The signing of Fale to an NRL deal will see him compete with the likes of Paul Alamoti, Jesse McLean, Daine Laurie Casey McLean, Asu Kepaoa and Isaiah Iongi for the two vacant backline spots next season - Sunia Turuva will depart for the Wests Tigers, and Taylan May is set to have his contract torn up in the coming weeks.

Penrith has six players who remain off-contract at the end of the season, but it will likely be reduced to four with Paul Alamoti and Daine Laurie reportedly agreeing to new contracts.

Matthew Eisenhuth, Tyrone Peachey and Luke Sommerton remain without a contract for the 2025 NRL season.

I wonder if the bunnies are going to snap him up as Cook has told his mates he is leaving

Iamback

Coach

The issue with Sommerton is he can only play hooker.

Scott - Lock
Toelau - halves

Make better 14's. I rate Sommerton but they will always pick Kenny for his defence. So the number 2 needs to be able to play elsewhere

betcats

Referee
Kind've forgot about Trent tbh. I thought we looked as good with him on the field. I saw some bagging his service but my impression of his first stint was he was firing quick clean passed from the ground to the receiver. Think he could be a good hooker.

Latest posts