What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

snickers007

Juniors
Easy solution to a few problems. Play Burton at prop.

I had a dream the other night that we had a massive injury crisis with our forwards. So we ran out as:
8. JFH
9. Koroisau
10. Yeo
11. May
12. Burton
13. Kenny

And we just played touch footy tactics. Ran the other team ragged, with offloads and side to side stuff.

Would be a sight to see I reckon

WestyLife

First Grade
I had a dream the other night that we had a massive injury crisis with our forwards. So we ran out as:
8. JFH
9. Koroisau
10. Yeo
11. May
12. Burton
13. Kenny

And we just played touch footy tactics. Ran the other team ragged, with offloads and side to side stuff.

Would be a sight to see I reckon
That's a lot of passing skill and Kenny keeps the defence tight in the middle.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The Kennel's rumor guy saying they're preparing to have Burton.

He's basically Blade's anwer for the dogs. Question when do the dogs play Newey in a trial ?

If it's occured I wonder why type of deal has been struck. Is it Hethrington's frieght for 2021. That would be a good outcome. Allow riff to buy another prop ans perhaps some breathing room.....time will tell.

Definitely an option. Another 2 names in the mix elsewhere.
Just kicking the tyres at the moment and maybe waiting to see who else pops up.
Do you think we are after one or two front rower to fill the spots? I would like us to sign an experience and a young prop.

Whino

Bench
He's basically Blade's anwer for the dogs. Question when do the dogs play Newey in a trial ?

If it's occured I wonder why type of deal has been struck. Is it Hethrington's frieght for 2021. That would be a good outcome. Allow riff to buy another prop ans perhaps some breathing room.....time will tell.

Dogs play Sharks in the trials in 2 weeks time.
Play the Knights round 1.

I’d love to go back and see what this idiot had to say when the Tigers were in the same situation with Josh Aloiai, I have no doubt he was probably commending them for ‘digging in their heels’.

These guys obviously have agendas, I just hate that they pretty much get to control the whole media when it comes to this great sport.
Aloiai’s case is incomparable to Burton’s. Burton is leaving to cement a 1st grade spot and a payrise. Aloia was already locked into a 1st grade spot, he just left for the payrise! Burton is trying to better himself, Aloia is just a greedy bastard after finally having a good year!

panthersam

Juniors
Aloiai’s case is incomparable to Burton’s. Burton is leaving to cement a 1st grade spot and a payrise. Aloia was already locked into a 1st grade spot, he just left for the payrise! Burton is trying to better himself, Aloia is just a greedy bastard after finally having a good year!

You say that both situations are incomparable then literally used the word ‘payrise’ when talking about what both players are looking for? Huh?

MugaB

Coach
Incomparable?? Wests are Incompetent
All you do is bitch about how everyone leaves your crappy merged club, be tigers or be magpies, The whole half half shit isn't working, you dont service Campbelltown, and train at concord, but are happy to take their juniors, then get upset when they want to move on to greener pastures, face it youre just a stepping stone turnstyle club, you couldn't even tell benji he wasn't playing there the following year right, he had to hear it from the media... then wait another whole day for confirmation, as madge had no fkn idea, no wonder he didn't want his "last" game ball, your club treats everyone like shit, and your fans are no better, can't wait to see how madge handles the tigpie love when he gets turffed out the door in another year

And you're right Burton and Aloiai isnt the same situation, you tossed aloiai out coz he made a deal with manly, and Burton is honouring his deal as he is signed to play at the dogs in '22. Difference is we ain't tossing anyone out just coz they sign elsewhere years down the track, as soon as WESTS hear of player or coach movement, they punt them asap, we had Tamou signed up to play tigers in '21 mid season, doesn't mean we punt him midseason.. justin pascoes a fkn moron, you want to be taken seriously get a better front office, that isn't so re-active, when it comes to either player retention, or just not being clowns

Last edited:

Panther2021

Juniors
Ky Rodwell, former aussie schoolboy, been at rabbits, currently on train & trial with Tigers looks like being one of the props...His manager had discussions with the club last week.

On another note I know this is off topic, is ABCOE still a sponsor of ours? I purchased something from them last week and honestly the customer service was so so bad!

betcats

Referee
Aloia is just a greedy bastard after finally having a good year!

You can make the same argument about Burton except he has only had a good few games. He will play NRL this year at Penrith and his development will continue and he will get paid more than most people do. If he can't honor the contract he signed then he is just being greedy and impatient its harsh but true. The idea the dogs will be better for his development is ludicrous Hooper is a joke. They will be a bottom four side with their pack getting flogged every week isnt going to do anything for Burtons development except maybe stall it, and the dogs talking about player development like they have developed anyone lately is a joke. If they knew how to develop players they wouldnt be throwing huge money at our kids.

snickers007

Juniors
Just found out that Ava Seumanufagai only signed a one year deal with the Bulldogs.

Conspiracy theory time:
What if the Bulldogs signed him to use as bait for the Burton trade.
Ava is all like "But I want to play for the Panthers, and actually win a few games".
Bulldogs be like "We got you bro, we'll trade you for a rookie half, and then everyone wins".
Panthers are like "We're not paying a cent for either Ava or Burton".
Everyone "Deal".

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Just found out that Ava Seumanufagai only signed a one year deal with the Bulldogs.

Conspiracy theory time:
What if the Bulldogs signed him to use as bait for the Burton trade.
Ava is all like "But I want to play for the Panthers, and actually win a few games".
Bulldogs be like "We got you bro, we'll trade you for a rookie half, and then everyone wins".
Panthers are like "We're not paying a cent for either Ava or Burton".
Everyone "Deal".

Why wouldn’t we just sign Ava?

snickers007

Juniors
The only reason I can think of is the dogs sign Ava for say 200k and then trade him to us and pay half his wages and we get Ava for less than minimum wage. But it all seems very unlikely.

Yeah this is my reasoning.

I mean it's all so far fetched, but the whole thing just struck me as odd.