What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The club presented the 22-year-old with multiple breaches from his time in the NRL squad dating back several years, but does not include the latest allegations ahead of his court date next year.

Interesting that the club re-signed him knowing this…

I get the feeling (no knowledge as such) that May's behaviour in the last few months has upset the club.

I understand he's wasn't truthful around the circumstances of the DV, saying he was having martial issues. Didn't disclose the alleged DV until it came out in the media.

That I believe will be perhaps the straw that breaks the camels back.

BxTom

Bench
I get the feeling (no knowledge as such) that May's behaviour in the last few months has upset the club.

I understand he's wasn't truthful around the circumstances of the DV, saying he was having martial issues. Didn't disclose the alleged DV until it came out in the media.

If his behaviour (not including the DV allegations) has been that bad it has probably upset the team as well. Be interesting to see the outcome...

Bob

Juniors

I have a feeling that Karen Hitchens whose on the board is driving this, I must say anyone hitting a woman is the lowest form of scum

Iamback

Coach
I have a feeling that Karen Hitchens whose on the board is driving this, I must say anyone hitting a woman is the lowest form of scum

I agree but the 2 need to be kept seperate.

My issue is IF there was all these issues why re-sign him.

Yes the lying about the DV charges is the final straw but if it was that tight anyway

Iamback

Coach
You may be onto something given her former career and she has strongly advocated for victims of DV in her role as mayor and councillor.

If they have used that. They are in for a huge payout should he win his case, I am sure there is many many things on his insta we have missed

Munky

Coach
I imagine it's similar to Todd Carney at the Raiders.

A massive file of f**k ups kept squirreled away for when the players onfield output isn't worth the baggage anymore.

Given May is in limbo until March next year it means roster decisions can't be made for a season earlier than 2027. All the good players will be gone for 2026 by the end of this November.

I imagine it's similar to Todd Carney at the Raiders.

A massive file of f**k ups kept squirreled away for when the players onfield output isn't worth the baggage anymore.

Given May is in limbo until March next year it means roster decisions can't be made for a season earlier than 2027. All the good players will be gone for 2026 by the end of this November.
$600k for his last contract year. If they had issues earlier with him, why give him a contract, unless they hoped his brother will join later?

PennyPanthers81

Juniors
This really pisses me off. Tito is a beaut of a bloke, exactly the type of guy we should have at the club. He would have stayed for $350-$400 and could potentially play centre. Instead we re-sign a twat regardless of the pending charge.
Same here. This was a massive f**k up, especially considering that May hadn’t played for a year with his ACL and Tito had just won rookie of the year! WTF were they thinking?

Munky

Coach
$600k for his last contract year. If they had issues earlier with him, why give him a contract, unless they hoped his brother will join later?

The May family has a weird hold over the Cleary's.

Carney kept getting contracts at the Raiders until he went and literally pissed it away (the first time).

Bred not Bought

Juniors
The club presented the 22-year-old with multiple breaches from his time in the NRL squad dating back several years, but does not include the latest allegations ahead of his court date next year.

Interesting that the club re-signed him knowing this…

If he is found not guilty next year, this could blow-up in the club’s face. Especially if the breaches pre-date his extension.

There are only two reasons I can think of as to why the sudden urge to sack him.
He is a becoming a massive off-field liability and the club want him gone ASAP.
Or we want to bring someone in and don't want to wait till late March next year.

Latest posts