What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

soc123_au

Staff member
Seems weird we offered such a good contract if we knew more than whats been reported. Hopefully it doesn't get messier than it already is.

If he is found not guilty next year, this could blow-up in the club’s face. Especially if the breaches pre-date his extension.

There are only two reasons I can think of as to why the sudden urge to sack him.
He is a becoming a massive off-field liability and the club want him gone ASAP.
Or we want to bring someone in and don't want to wait till late March next year.
The club isn't bringing the DV on the table next week. Very smart play cause as you said it could blow up in their faces. They will use his other off field liabilities instead. Which would tie him in a corner, but May could use the fact they re-signed with the club knowing all that.

Iamback

Coach
Seems weird we offered such a good contract if we knew more than whats been reported. Hopefully it doesn't get messier than it already is.

Yeah the recruitment team has generally done a good job but have had some shockers this year.

Still time to get back on track

WestyLife

First Grade
The club isn't bringing the DV on the table next week. Very smart play cause as you said it could blow up in their faces. They will use his other off field liabilities instead. Which would tie him in a corner, but May could use the fact they re-signed with the club knowing all that.

Yes it'll be the current contract which is for this year they'd be terminating not the extension so they can kind of squeeze it in with that.

Screenshot_20240604_084831_X.jpg

BxTom

Bench
If he is found not guilty next year, this could blow-up in the club’s face. Especially if the breaches pre-date his extension.

There are only two reasons I can think of as to why the sudden urge to sack him.
Or we want to bring someone in and don't want to wait till late March next year.
The other reason maybe that they have info regarding the DV allegations that have not become public yet.

Bred not Bought

Juniors

If he is found not guilty next year his legal representative will come at the club with everything. Whatever the possible breaches are.

As you expanded on my point about the breaches. If they were all pre-extension, then he can say why was I re-signed and then sacked when you knew about everything?

There is probably more to it we don't know about

Whino

Bench

3rd option is. The board don't like the optics of May and want him gone for PR reasons.

WestyLife

First Grade
If he is found not guilty next year his legal representative will come at the club with everything. Whatever the possible breaches are.

As you expanded on my point about the breaches. If they were all pre-extension, then he can say why was I re-signed and then sacked when you knew about everything?

There is probably more to it we don't know about

Not necessarily. They could terminate the current contract making the extension legally pointless or they could show he kept the DV stuff hidden so even if not guilty he didn't act with integrity with the club.

age.s

First Grade
May's camp could argue the club want to reduce PR fallout over and above player welfare, but that's the risk you run when you make so many poor decisions across a longer period of time. Even if he's completely innocent of the DV charges, he only has himself to blame for giving the club the ammunition to do what it wants.

Somehow I get the sense he won't be particularly self reflective on the matter.

Latest posts