What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

age.s

First Grade
You missed my point. I think all reasonable people oppose DV. My point is when some people make it their personal crusade to the point of zealotry.
Sure, but I dont think that's what's happening here. Its not as though he's just liked an Andrew Tate post on twitter. There are very good, purely on field reasons to have his contract off the books and if the club has the means to do that its probably a good idea to do so.

flash

Juniors
I'm sure the club does enough training on social media and its impact, but I wonder how much it gets through their heads.

Tago lost me a while ago with his instagram posts, but a week or so ago, he re-posted a official panthers instagram post with him training, but with the sponsors blacked out.... I dont get it, whats his message... anti-corporate? Why even play in our jersey then.

Whino

Bench
Stefano knocked back a 5yrs deal at 800k a season. Is Penrith still hunting a prop? Would he take 750k from a strong club?
I suspect Gould will land him

Theoretically we could.
If May is sacked and we put his money (reported next year $550-600K) towards a prop, plus with what we have left over from Fish money. We probably have enough. Not $800k though. As you say. A Gould signing.

If May goes. I think we buy a centre, and with our spare change, maybe a fringe prop.

Sime_11

Juniors
maybe Stefano's asking price had us already looking elsewhere and getting Papali'i instead

we need backs more than forwards now - Papa coming to us gives us more flexibility with the forwards - we dont have that luxury in our backs seeing as we losing Tito and May - backs are the order of the day from now

hindy111

Post Whore
maybe Stefano's asking price had us already looking elsewhere and getting Papali'i instead

we need backs more than forwards now - Papa coming to us gives us more flexibility with the forwards - we dont have that luxury in our backs seeing as we losing Tito and May - backs are the order of the day from now

Not sure about that.
The backline could be

Edwards
Mclean
Tago
Almoti
J.Mclean

With C.Mclean pushing for a centre spot. Depending on Almoti and the McLean's brothers development that could be an awesome backline.
The pack will lose JFH. Papali'i is decent but not the same class. Leota is also showing signs of decline.
To me the pack is looking pretty weak for next year. I'd rather sign a quality prop and a depth in backs with my fingers crossed that 2/3 of Alamoti and the Mclean brothers come good. I reckon there is a decent chance all 3 do. They certainly have better chances then Mav for example

Iamback

Coach
Not sure about that.
The backline could be

Edwards
Mclean
Tago
Almoti
J.Mclean

With C.Mclean pushing for a centre spot. Depending on Almoti and the McLean's brothers development that could be an awesome backline.
The pack will lose JFH. Papali'i is decent but not the same class. Leota is also showing signs of decline.
To me the pack is looking pretty weak for next year. I'd rather sign a quality prop and a depth in backs with my fingers crossed that 2/3 of Alamoti and the Mclean brothers come good. I reckon there is a decent chance all 3 do. They certainly have better chances then Mav for example

We are a decent back short now with May. Lose May and we are well short.

This pack will be one of the best though

Smith
Kenny
Henry
Papalli
Martin
Yeo

Leota
Sorro
Garner

We only need depth in backs and forwards now

Last edited:

Copperhead

Juniors
Not sure about that.
The backline could be

Edwards
Mclean
Tago
Almoti
J.Mclean

To'o?

hindy111

Post Whore
Depends where you see the Mclean boys and Alamotis future.
I've not seen Casey but from reports he is better then Alamoti and his brother.
I reckon Jesse is 100% an NRL player and Alamoti most likely is. Remember he is only 20yrs old. Give him another season and he will be vastly improved.

Iamback

Coach
Depends where you see the Mclean boys and Alamotis future.
I've not seen Casey but from reports he is better then Alamoti and his brother.
I reckon Jesse is 100% an NRL player and Alamoti most likely is. Remember he is only 20yrs old. Give him another season and he will be vastly improved.

He is still another 12 months from being a regular 1st grader.

So need some solid depth. 1 year deal ideally someone who can play centre and wing

Same with a middle to replace Eisenhuth

hindy111

Post Whore
For balance I'd actualy be looking more towards a better 5/8 or prop. That's just me.
J.Cole might be better then I know. It's to early to tell on him and I haven't seen enough. I'm sure others would know his ceiling?

Iamback

Coach
For balance I'd actualy be looking more towards a better 5/8 or prop. That's just me.
J.Cole might be better then I know. It's to early to tell on him and I haven't seen enough. I'm sure others would know his ceiling?

Toelau you'd think stays in the top 30. Schneider is contracted next year that is enough

We are looking to replace

Peachey
Eisenhuth
May

as the depth guys while the kids develop

snickers007

Juniors
Toelau you'd think stays in the top 30. Schneider is contracted next year that is enough

We are looking to replace

Peachey
Eisenhuth
May

as the depth guys while the kids develop

Is Eisenhuth retiring? Call me crazy, but I'd be looking to extend him for 12 months if he's still got the itch.

At the very least he keeps Scotty Sorenson company on the daily commute - and he can still do a job in 20-25min stints if needed.

Iamback

Coach
Is Eisenhuth retiring? Call me crazy, but I'd be looking to extend him for 12 months if he's still got the itch.

At the very least he keeps Scotty Sorenson company on the daily commute - and he can still do a job in 20-25min stints if needed.

I am sure when he re-signed last he said it was his last.

yes that would work. It really is only until Luron develops

Frankus

Juniors
is it Time we look to Henry/Smith as the starts for 2025 and bring Moses and Sorro off the bench for Impact?
Hmmm Henry is definitely the future more so than Smith in my opinion. I like Smith and he will be in the rotation for sure but we need that mongrel/enforcer which Henry seems to bring once Fish is gone. He got real fired up in the Dragons game. I can't see Sorro providing much oompf off the bench in the middle. He's not really a run it straight type player taking 10 hitups in a 30 odd minute stint.

Latest posts