What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Frankus

Juniors
Why wouldn't we go for a starter? Tago needs competition on him. Tago might even be a good 14.
You don't pay your utility bench player 750k + per season. Tago, at this stage in his career, is a centre and only a centre. He either plays there as a starter or we drop him to Reggies. I don't think there is a middle ground at this point in time.

Iamback

Coach
You don't pay your utility bench player 750k + per season. Tago, at this stage in his career, is a centre and only a centre. He either plays there as a starter or we drop him to Reggies. I don't think there is a middle ground at this point in time.

You can pay edge forwards that. But you are right we put our flag in the Tago as a starting centre camp.

Assuming Alamoti takes a starters wage. It is just a depth back we are after

The yak

Juniors
Isaiah Tass is a guy I think could be quite a good fit. Not signed for next year, Bunnies are no shot, likely back from his injury after Origin. Wouldn't hurt having him as experienced, dependable, unspectacular depth through end of next year. He's not a guy that would expect to be a walk up start either and is young enough that he might appreciate the opportunity to kick start his career.

Good shout.

And the solution is to move him to the bench? Pure genius.
But you said drop him to Reggie's! He needs a kick up the butt to find form, he isn't working on the right centre. If Alamoti and Tago can swap that would be my 1st preference. Price Tag is club issue.

Last edited:

Frankus

Juniors
Doing nothing sure hasn't fixed him. He gets worse every single week, with no improvement visible in any single area.
I agree, he’s been one of our worst every week. Seems to be lacking confidence and he is getting almost zero early ball. Needs to cut the errors out of his game.
But you said drop him to Reggie's! He needs a kick up the butt to find form, he isn't working on the right centre. If Alamoti and Tago can swap that would be my 1st preference. Price Tag is club issue.
What I said was he either starts in 1st grade or is dropped entirely. No point carrying someone like him on the bench. He can play one position. Centre. End of story.

Like it or not, he is the most proven centre at the club. That’s fact.

I agree, he’s been one of our worst every week. Seems to be lacking confidence and he is getting almost zero early ball. Needs to cut the errors out of his game.

What I said was he either starts in 1st grade or is dropped entirely. No point carrying someone like him on the bench. He can play one position. Centre. End of story.

Like it or not, he is the most proven centre at the club. That’s fact.
Yes he does need dropping if other positions don't work imo. If Alamoti can switch sides than I think that's the 1st step.