What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Talk via Peter Lang on twitter than Daine Laurie is keen to stay. He like many has realised that home is where the heart is.

I believe he has a home here at 14. Can cover all the backs for injuries. Handled himself real well at fullback and is basically an asset. Can see him being 14 once Nathan is back.

Cole back to cup keep him fresh and firing for 25.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Talk via Peter Lang on twitter than Daine Laurie is keen to stay. He like many has realised that home is where the heart is.

I believe he has a home here at 14. Can cover all the backs for injuries. Handled himself real well at fullback and is basically an asset. Can see him being 14 once Nathan is back.

Cole back to cup keep him fresh and firing for 25.
That's good news for us as a backup but Ivan still has zero idea how to get our 14 into a game

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Galvin wants to come to Penrith to partner with Cleary to learn off. If panthers can land him we'd be set in the halfs for another 5 years at least..kids a gun! Cole can move to either centre or 14 or even yet stay as a backup.

Bob

Juniors
Galvin wants to come to Penrith to partner with Cleary to learn off. If panthers can land him we'd be set in the halfs for another 5 years at least..kids a gun! Cole can move to either centre or 14 or even yet stay as a backup.
Not interested no matter how good he is, anyone under contract that sooks after 13 rounds about getting a release don’t want him anywhere near here

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Not interested no matter how good he is, anyone under contract that sooks after 13 rounds about getting a release don’t want him anywhere near here
Eh I disagree. I'd be sick of losing aswell and probably getting the blame at such a young age. If you knew you had the ability he has and Luai coming to your team to take full control knocking you down some levels again and having a rookie coach that obviously can't coach would you stay and possibly ruin your career?

Could get injured in the next few years and cut the career short.

I'd want to try go play for a superstar team with a superstar partner in the halves and superstar coaching to get me to be my absolute best and get paid probably triple to do it.

You wouldn't stay there and rot away. I could understand if the club wasn't absolute shocking and with absolutely no future (Luai won't carry them by himself) the staffs trash, ceo is off scouting in England ffs looking to sell players on contracts...he doesn't get to cry if a player wants out of that mess.

I'll add- players use the game as a job, if your job made you angry all the time and you got no support, fellow workers getting let go left right and centre with no future at that job would you want to take an offer from the same job but on alot more money? A brilliant culture, a fantastic future with the best workers around you to help you become the best worker you can be and help support you along the way? At such a young age? Yep I'm jumping ship.

Last edited:

Bob

Juniors
Eh I disagree. I'd be sick of losing aswell and probably getting the blame at such a young age. If you knew you had the ability he has and Luai coming to your team to take full control knocking you down some levels again and having a rookie coach that obviously can't coach would you stay and possibly ruin your career?

I'd want to try go play for a superstar team with a superstar partner in the halves and superstar coaching to get me to be my absolute best and get paid probably triple to do it.

You wouldn't stay there and rot away. I could understand if the club wasn't absolute shocking and with absolutely no future (Luai won't carry them by himself) the staffs trash, ceo is off scouting in England ffs looking to sell players on contracts...he doesn't get to cry if a player wants out of that mess.

I'll add- players use the game as a job, if your job made you angry all the time and you got no support, fellow workers getting let go left right and centre with no future at that job would you want to take an offer from the same job but on alot more money? A brilliant culture, a fantastic future with the best workers around you to help you become the best worker you can be and help support you along the way? At such a young age? Yep I'm jumping ship.
I still think Cole will be better the more 1st grade he plays, like I said I don’t want a disruptive player in our ranks, he has a manager the club won’t deal with, his parents are getting involved according to Tigers supporters, a big NO THANKS from me

age.s

First Grade
A month ago I would have bitten your hand off for Galvin. Kid is extremely talented. Now I'm not sure. Cole has been seriously impressive and I think another middle and some depth in the outside backs would set us up better.

age.s

First Grade
We can't make noises about a 24 y/o like Fifita boosting his career/future earning power by joining a successful club and then slate a kid like Galvin for wanting to get out of that mess and develop his game next to Nathan Cleary.

Whether he's the right fit for us right now and we can stand being in the same room as his manager are different questions.

Iamback

Coach
We can't make noises about a 24 y/o like Fifita boosting his career/future earning power by joining a successful club and then slate a kid like Galvin for wanting to get out of that mess and develop his game next to Nathan Cleary.

Whether he's the right fit for us right now and we can stand being in the same room as his manager are different questions.

Galvin's manager leaking stories is why this is in the press and the very reason us nor the Roosters deal with him

Murraymob1

Juniors

He is under contract and not getting a release

betcats

Referee
It’s not just that he wants out but walking around the sheds after the game saying “I can’t wait to get out” is not a great, appears to a big talent though

If he doesn't stop us getting a prop, I am ok with this. But surely means Schneider gets a release, especially knowing Laurie wants to stay.
Cole can play centre.

Bred not Bought

Juniors
If he doesn't stop us getting a prop, I am ok with this. But surely means Schneider gets a release, especially knowing Laurie wants to stay.
Cole can play centre.

Why would Schneider get a release?
He is Nathan’s cover during injury and Origin absence. He filled in solidly earlier in the year.
Don't judge him on the Dragons game. He was rushed back too early and struggled.He will be back.
Don't forget we are losing Luai next year.
Laurie is a better fullback than half.
I would be keeping Schneider.