What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Smug Panther

First Grade
What is skewed? That some people would like another prop with experience before tapping into untried juniors while trying for the premiership this year? Everyone understands funds are limited following upgrades but it doesn't mean wanting another prop in our squad is skewed.
The majority who are positive think Martin and Kikau can easily do the job if called upon and infact with Capewell in the squad its a move we should be making anyway

betcats

Referee
The idea we have a problem is skewed. More depth is always welcome. people are worried about multiple injuries to our starters and if that happens we are stuffed anyway.

This times a thousand. There are people saying our off-season has been terrible and we will struggle to compete and when someone calls bullshit they come back with “I just suggested we might be a little tiny bit thin in the middle”

Stand by your original opinions at least you gutless worms, no need to try and water them down just cause I called you a f**kwit.

Abacus

Juniors
The majority who are positive think Martin and Kikau can easily do the job if called upon and infact with Capewell in the squad its a move we should be making anyway
Yep, but I just don't see Martin up-front. As the smaller-style lock - absolutely.
Kikau could play prop but what does that do to your left edge? Are we weakening 1 area to compensate another?
Agree re Capewell - Ivan's got it right with him starting right edge & Martin off the bench.

Kilkenny

Coach
Dont worry it’s not the first time you’ve been wrong and definitely won’t be the last

100%. Hopefully, on the occasions I’m wrong or occasions where there may be heated debate taking place I’ll be able refrain and control myself and not refer to others as f**kwits, or dopes, or various other profanities you feel so comfortable resorting too.

Abacus

Juniors
This times a thousand. There are people saying our off-season has been terrible and we will struggle to compete and when someone calls bullshit they come back with “I just suggested we might be a little tiny bit thin in the middle”

Stand by your original opinions at least you gutless worms, no need to try and water them down just cause I called you a f**kwit.
Are people saying our offseason was terrible? I know I said after Burton signed for the dogs & Tetvano left that if we didn't re-sign Leniu, Crichton & Luai then it would be shit retention - but we've now signed those 3 so I'm happy with where we ended up. But we could use another prop.

betcats

Referee
Are people saying our offseason was terrible? I know I said after Burton signed for the dogs & Tetvano left that if we didn't re-sign Leniu, Crichton & Luai then it would be shit retention - but we've now signed those 3 so I'm happy with where we ended up. But we could use another prop.

I didn’t mean you. Kilkenny has definitely said it recently though.

I think we can use another prop also I’ve been saying for a while. I don’t care at all if anyone thinks that. That’s why Kilkenny is copping from me, he’s just full of shit.

Abacus

Juniors
I didn’t mean you. Kilkenny has definitely said it though.

I think we can use another prop also I’ve been saying for a while. I don’t care at all if anyone thinks that. That’s why Kilkenny is copping from me, he’s just full of shit.
Agree to disagree on Kilkenny. I had enough of his Mansour posts pretty quickly, but agree with his sentiments on our front row. Probably because I don't know any of the kids coming through and it seemed the teams we struggled with last year (even when we won) had big boppers.

betcats

Referee
If you go and read the comments when the possible Burton Napa swap was being discussed you will see I was actually for doing it. So idea that I’m giving Kilkenny all this shit simply because he thinks we could use another prop is complete trash. Wanting more depth at prop or a better prop rotation is not being pessimistic.

Kilkenny

Coach
I didn’t mean you. Kilkenny has definitely said it though.

I made a reply to a post of Smug Panther where he said we have enjoyed our best off season ever. I sad it was the worst ever, but it was intended to be tongue in cheek, hot on the heels around all the heated debate surrounding the release of Josh Mansour.

I understand you can’t help being an obnoxious person, it’s just who you are.

I’m happy to continue putting forward my opinions and when those opinions don’t align with yours or you think I’m full of shit, do what you do best. Give it to me, I can cop it.

betcats

Referee
I made a reply to a post of Smug Panther where he said we have enjoyed our best off season ever. I sad it was the worst ever, but it was intended to be tongue in cheek, hot on the heels around all the heated debate surrounding the release of Josh Mansour.

I understand you can’t help being an obnoxious person, it’s just who you are.

I’m happy to continue putting forward my opinions and when those opinions don’t align with yours or you think I’m full of shit, do what you do best. Give it to me, I can cop it.

It was not tongue in cheek hahah f**k that is crap. This is what I mean you won’t even stand by what you said.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yep, but I just don't see Martin up-front. As the smaller-style lock - absolutely.
Kikau could play prop but what does that do to your left edge? Are we weakening 1 area to compensate another?
Agree re Capewell - Ivan's got it right with him starting right edge & Martin off the bench.

Is there a difference with lock and prop these days?

Is us playing Martin at prop worse than Cam Murray and Radley playing starting lock?

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Agree to disagree on Kilkenny. I had enough of his Mansour posts pretty quickly, but agree with his sentiments on our front row. Probably because I don't know any of the kids coming through and it seemed the teams we struggled with last year (even when we won) had big boppers.

No middles available though. Atleast we kept funds for it

murraymob

Coach
I’ve come to realise i was wrong in suggesting on more than one occasion, that we are light on the front row. It was silly of me to be so pessimistic. I look forward to the start of the season proper so we can all move forward.
You need a hug my friend

Kilkenny

Coach
What good judges? We are one of the competition favourites you dope

The new contributor Girds89 20 odds posts in and already you have decided his is a dope when from my read of his post he was just referring to a number of media pundits who are expressing the same concerns about our front row. he is a dope.