What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
The personal side is none of our business. As fans what effects us is the football.
The current situation has the potential to really derail our season.

There’s just no telling the damage that can be done within the camp, particularly given the other wives and families
are now in the bubble.

I really fear this situation could potentially be a massive negative going forward. I don’t want to spell out the obvious but having the others partners and families in the camp around this situation is not ideal, the whole team dynamic is going to be effected.

franklin2323

Immortal
Honestly, api, arrow and the st george crew have been caught....

How many have gone without being caught since the bubble started last year.

Not excusing api or any of them. But people on this forum are acting like hes done a Matt lodge and committed a serious crime.

The only thing he is guilty of is absolute stupidity and adultery.

Dumb yes.
Deserve a two match suspension yes.

But thats about it. Thered be players every week breaching the bubble. These are nrl players... api got caught. He needs to live with his mistakes.

Lets move on. He and his family obviously need support right now.

Api hasnt had an easy run in life. He had a rough run last time he was a penrith.

Hopefully the boys get around him and give him the support he and his family need.

Not even just this year.

Api in his 1st year in knew how to break people in... how? Someone must of passed on the word.

Disappointing but is dealt with and now can get on with things

Kilkenny

Coach
Yep this. He apologised and hopefully gets him focused
Do you really think an apology from Api is somehow going to circumvent an adverse impact on our season going forward.

Seriously mate, I’m not sure what planet you are living on but this whole situation has the potential to derail our entire efforts and season.

His actions have potentially put our whole season in jeopardy. He has apologised so all good. Not sure what planet you are living on but his apology means f**k all.

I don’t care about his focus, I am much more concerned about the focus of the other 29 players in our bubble which have been compromised by his stupidity.

franklin2323

Immortal
Do you really think an apology from Api is somehow going to circumvent an adverse impact on our season going forward.

Seriously mate, I’m not sure what planet you are living on but this whole situation has the potential to derail our entire efforts and season.

His actions have potentially put our whole season in jeopardy. He has apologised so all good. Not sure what planet you are living on but his apology means f**k all.

I don’t care about his focus, I am much more concerned about the focus of the other 29 players in our bubble which have been compromised by his stupidity.

Would you rather no remorse like the Dragons lot that partied had?

They are in a bubble together it brings people closer. I remember people saying the same would happen when Cleary broke the bubble.. Yet the whole side played out of their skin

franklin2323

Immortal
Will either make him much better or much worse. Our year probably rides on it

He has no where to hide from it in there. It is a good thing having him in for the preparation for the Storm game. Knowing that his stupidity is why he isn't there.

It is better to be in the bubble than not in these cases

Would you rather no remorse like the Dragons lot that partied had?

They are in a bubble together it brings people closer. I remember people saying the same would happen when Cleary broke the bubble.. Yet the whole side played out of their skin
The Cleary situation was different. While it was really dumb what he did, the ‘crime’ didn’t impact individuals as much as society.

The issue with this situation is that people will naturally take sides; with the fishbowl nature of bubble life (including both playing group and families) that can cause the fissures that Alice and Kilkenny have been referencing.

And to think an apology puts everything to bed is being wilfully naive; this will follow Api (and thus the Panthers) for quite some time.

DinkyDi

Juniors
The Cleary situation was different. While it was really dumb what he did, the ‘crime’ didn’t impact individuals as much as society.

The issue with this situation is that people will naturally take sides; with the fishbowl nature of bubble life (including both playing group and families) that can cause the fissures that Alice and Kilkenny have been referencing.

And to think an apology puts everything to bed is being wilfully naive; this will follow Api (and thus the Panthers) for quite some time.
I agree. This second wave is bigger than the first, and that is why people, especially the public, are up in arms about it. The players are not losing their livelihoods, many people are.

betcats

Referee
I’d say being in the bubble in this situation could potentially be worse for the team. The families are there together there’s no getting away from each other. His wife really only has the other families for support or comfort etc right now.

Basically if this happened when the team wasn’t in a bubble Api and his wifes issues could be kept completely seperate from the playing group and club, you wouldn’t have as much potential for upset wives/partners to disrupt the whole group. Right now they are stuck together, there is no getting away from any tension that might exist.

Overall I’m just over dumb selfish footballers, Api got paid 45k for this three weeks and he couldn’t just follow the rules. Now we will not have him for two weeks as a result, honestly f**k him off. If we have tough cap decisions to make going forward he’s just given the club some big reasons not to retain him.

franklin2323

Immortal

Do you care what other work mates do in their private lives though? I know I don't as long as they do the job that is all that .

The Apology is important because due to his stupidity the side loses who I think is the most important player. I like to hear them acknowledge and hopefully learn from it

There will be players that spend less time socially with him as a result likely but they can't really go hang out now anyway

franklin2323

Immortal
I’d say being in the bubble in this situation could potentially be worse for the team. The families are there together there’s no getting away from each other. His wife really only has the other families for support or comfort etc right now.

Basically if this happened when the team wasn’t in a bubble Api and his wifes issues could be kept completely seperate from the playing group and club, you wouldn’t have as much potential for upset wives/partners to disrupt the whole group. Right now they are stuck together, there is no getting away from any tension that might exist.

Overall I’m just over dumb selfish footballers, Api got paid 45k for this three weeks and he couldn’t just follow the rules. Now we will not have him for two weeks as a result, honestly f**k him off. If we have tough cap decisions to make going forward he’s just given the club some big reasons not to retain him.
Yeah but in the bubble he can't escape the players hurt and anger at him. Allows these things not to bubble away. Imagine having to deal with JFH 24/7 after him knowing you let the side

The Club needs to do what gives best option to win comps... that is having Api at 9.

We get rid of him. He goes to a rival who likely beats us and then we are worse off for taking the morale high road. Nice guys finish last in the NRL

betcats

Referee
Do you care what other work mates do in their private lives though? I know I don't as long as they do the job that is all that .

The Apology is important because due to his stupidity the side loses who I think is the most important player. I like to hear them acknowledge and hopefully learn from it

There will be players that spend less time socially with him as a result likely but they can't really go hang out now anyway

You’re not in a bubble with your colleagues and their families 24/7. Players probably won’t care to much. Their partners will though for sure.

2019 the team was very disrupted not just by the sextapes but also by a number of players wives or partners, it was at a point some wives didn’t want their partners to travel with the side on road trips cause they lost all trust there was a ton of tension reportedly with players as well their partners and we performed piss poor as a result.

mxlegend99

Referee
I don't know why people are worried sbout this effecting our season. When cleary broke the bubble the guilt he felt at letting his team down forced him to work harder for his team and to make it up to them. I expect Api would feel the same.

Some boys might not like what he has done. But these guys are a tight bunch and they're not going to turn on him for doing something morally wrong. There's a good chance these blokes knew he was stepping out on the missus already. The facg it's fresh news to us doesn't mean it is to everyone.

I think what he did is low and I don't think he deserves a second chance from his wife. But it doesn't mean he is not a good father,or that he is irredeemable as a football player. It just means he is a shit husband. Like millions of other men.

betcats

Referee
Yeah but in the bubble he can't escape the players hurt and anger at him. Allows these things not to bubble away. Imagine having to deal with JFH 24/7 after him knowing you let the side

The Club needs to do what gives best option to win comps... that is having Api at 9.

We get rid of him. He goes to a rival who likely beats us and then we are worse off for taking the morale high road. Nice guys finish last in the NRL

I’m not worried about the players I’m worried about their families. If you don’t think unhappy partners can disrupt a player or playing group than we just disagree completely, we’ve seen it happen before imo.

Im not saying rip up his contract, just don’t give him another one.