What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

WestyLife

First Grade
Its a number that was speculated in the media, from memory it was something like "a Rival player manager said he is worth 750k on the open market" or something very flimsy such as that.
It is a figure plucked out of the air by Dean Ritchie. By a so called rival recruitment manager. Now it is sticking by everyone.
When he re-signs I am sure the scummy media will claim we paid the same figure.
I think Blade said last month we wouldn't be paying it.
Yeah Blade said the manager is playing games to bump the asking price so I'd assume leaking fake figures to the media which has allegedly been done many times before.

Jane Murray

Bench
Yeah Blade said the manager is playing games to bump the asking price so I'd assume leaking fake figures to the media which has allegedly been done many times before.
I agree. Also, people are taking the bait, hook, line and sinker.

Isaac A

Juniors

Looks like we signed Dylan Smith from Wests Tigers (blonde kid trying to tackle Staines). Good young player but we do need forwards not fullback IMO. He is an Sam Ayoub client so we might be taking him on as a favour for Sam to help get Critaa over the line too.

Last edited:

murraymob

Coach

Looks like we signed Dylan Smith from Wests Tigers (blonde kid trying to tackle Staines). Good young player but we do need forwards not fullback IMO. He is an Sam Ayoub client so we might be taking him on as a favour for Sam to help get Critaa over the line too.
He may also be what Penrith wanted a exchange player for Laurie from the tigers

WestyLife

First Grade
Ah cool thanks @murraymob nice of you to chat pleasantly with me on here unlike some. I suppose we can never have enough depth.

As a wise man once said "you started it". As for the actual topic yeah we just had the best season in the club's history going 17 in a row with better attack/defence than at least the last 20 years and came within 6 points of premiers. The roster will have to rely a lot more on depth players now than we were accustomed to last year.

In 2020 we had as potential starters outside the top 17:
Burton
Hetherington
Lenui
Billy Burns
Mitch Kenny

Fringe but becoming ready:
Staines
Luarie

We could've potentially fielded 1 and a half teams last year. It's just impossible to keep that kind of depth long term as the salary cap starts to exert pressure with the other 15 teams seeing these players quality over the successful season. Even worse with teams like the bulldogs and Tigers being desperate for finals football after missing out for successive years.

Jane Murray

Bench

I would love to know your pseudonym?

Agree Isaac we need a couple of front rowers. What's your opinion of Dylan Smith?

He may also be what Penrith wanted a exchange player for Laurie from the tigers
I don’t think he was re-signed by us. He hasn’t been appearing in our team list. I’m surprised by the signing as he’s a FB and we are desperate for a FB and he wasn’t re-signed. Good luck!

Last edited:

murraymob

Coach
I saw him once on Ch9 coverage for NSW Cup he looked good that day however I asked the Tigers forum what they thought and they said he's ok nothing special. Has to be just depth.
The video on tigers in 2019 they though they had something special but was no where to be seen 2020 not sure if injury or he just did not play