What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

From what I saw from Luke today, he looked brilliant in attack, but has alot to improve for NRL 80 min hooker. If we really do settle with him and Kenny, we would find it hard to beat the top teams and we will find ourself's down the pecking. If we can get someone else like Verrills, it would be a no brainer for me. Roosters are not going to play 3 hookers anyway.

Iamback

Coach
From what I saw from Luke today, he looked brilliant in attack, but has alot to improve for NRL 80 min hooker. If we really do settle with him and Kenny, we would find it hard to beat the top teams and we will find ourself's down the pecking. If we can get someone else like Verrills, it would be a no brainer for me. Roosters are not going to play 3 hookers anyway.

Also then Kenny needs game time at 9.
Not lock hence why I said they need to know the plan ASAP.

Also then Kenny needs game time at 9.
Not lock hence why I said they need to know the plan ASAP.
Yea. Kenny position could easily be over taken if we could bring someone of NRL quality at 9. Salman makes a good 14 IMO, than Hopgood, L Smith, C Smith can come into the side.

Iamback

Coach
Do you watch the games, or too busy posting here?

Kenny plays about 10 minutes of most games at 9.

He was a lock coming through the grades
Last year had 0 tries
0 try assists
0 kicks

And suddenly 10 mins a game = being an 80 min hooker in a side pushing for premierships?

Api is able to make 50 tackles a game
Yet still inject himself when needed and make the right decisions under fatigue.

takes more then 10 mins a game to learn that stuff

Original Name

Juniors
Blade has said Ivan really didn't like carrying two hookers. As much of a spark he could be in attack I doubt it'll consistently happen.

Original Name

Juniors
While reports on April 10 of this year claimed that the Kiwi-born forward had rejected Wests' contractual advances, fresh comments from Nikora on Sunday have left the door ajar.

Currently in the final year of his deal at Shark Park, the Mount Maunganui product who forged his ties to Cronulla as a 17-year-old in 2014 has claimed the time is right to cash in on his skillset.

And with Nikora's original deal with the Sharks netting him only $5000 and a young family to cater to, the choice to shop his wares is one that can be understood.

“I love the Sharks,” Nikora said.

“And, of course, I would love to stay here. But I also have to think about what is best for myself and my family at this stage of my career. I have to consider what is out there. I really just want to stay out of all this and concentrate on my football.”

Although willing to profess his love for the Craig Fitzgibbon-led club, Nikora's comments to The Daily Telegraph come in the wake of revelations that he had in fact rejected a secondary deal from the Sharks as well.

Though a recharged offer from the Tigers is still yet to arise, the Kiwi international stated that his professional relationship with Michael McGuire could act as a lure to reel him to Concord.

“I know 'Madge' from the Kiwis and he is a good fella and a good coach,” he added.

“I have a few things to weigh up but as I said, no decisions have been made and my manager will sort it out.”

maple_69

Bench
Going the best place for him and his family could absolutely mean I want to get myself into a good situation where I can probably be springboarded into the rep frame when my last contract is up for negotiation.

A 2 year deal with us on solid coin would be a great move for Nikora. Imagine just being planted on our left edge, it’s any edge forwards dream role.

I hope that appeal starts to get us results like it does for the Chooks and Storm. Sure most of the time we can plug a hole with a kid or a Sorenson/Capewell style bargain buy but sometimes we’ll need to go to the well for some real talent where we have a gap and it’s gotta be below market rate for that guy that wants to back himself to play for a winner.

Original Name

Juniors
We should be looking at a CHN level signing for the backrow. Good soild hole runner
We're not really a line running team. I don't know how many line breaks the second rowers got off the back off running a good hole as opposed to the halves/Yeo or Api creating a big gap for the second rower to just normally run straight through but it would lean more the second than most teams. Capewell is a pretty gifted line runner but he barely did it for us because our attack isn't structured like other teams.
I hope that appeal starts to get us results like it does for the Chooks and Storm. Sure most of the time we can plug a hole with a kid or a Sorenson/Capewell style bargain buy but sometimes we’ll need to go to the well for some real talent where we have a gap and it’s gotta be below market rate for that guy that wants to back himself to play for a winner.
Storm barely ever recruit big name signings. Coates is the only Origin/tier 1 nation rep player they've recruited in like 8 years.

They always rely on signing Sorenson/Capewell guys. They're not the Chooks.

Last edited:

Coast panther

Juniors
I can see real appeal for nikora here, great family club gets to play along side some truely great players win comps and sets himself up for a big contract after a few years killing it outside cleary

Latest posts