What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
People talked random shit then but at least back then a decent portion of the thread is about relevant info people would click on a Panthers rumours and confirmed signings thread to get.

Not much is happening though. We recruit from within

What ever gets convo flowing

Luke Bowden

First Grade
so how is he on the same level then?
If Soni was to play for us in 1st grade, in my opinion, he would offer as much as Verrills in both attack and defence.

The plus side for Soni is that he’s grown up playing with the all boys and he’d be half the price.

Of course I’m basing this only on what I’ve seen of him in reserve grade.

Smug Panther

First Grade
If Soni was to play for us in 1st grade, in my opinion, he would offer as much as Verrills in both attack and defence.

The plus side for Soni is that he’s grown up playing with the all boys and he’d be half the price.

Of course I’m basing this only on what I’ve seen of him in reserve grade.
Watching this live now. No way in the world can Luke defend well enough

Exsilium

Coach
Verrills is a quality player.

He’s in need of more game time but his service is really good. Happy to run the ball and defends well in the middle. He’s been in a fantastic league system at the Roosters and he’d been a valuable pick up.

Luke may have a certain appeal given his journey but let’s not base our spine on a bloke who’s got a feel good story. He has several months to push his case but losing Api is a monumental loss.

Verrills is a quality player.

He’s in need of more game time but his service is really good. Happy to run the ball and defends well in the middle. He’s been in a fantastic league system at the Roosters and he’d been a valuable pick up.

Luke may have a certain appeal given his journey but let’s not base our spine on a bloke who’s got a feel good story. He has several months to push his case but losing Api is a monumental loss.
It is one of 3 questions I have for 2023.
1. Who really replaces Api?
2. who replaces Kikau
3. How do put 3 fine wingers into 2 positions? May's contract ends does he want to be part of the team, no sour taste cause of Tyrone?

Iamback

Coach
It is one of 3 questions I have for 2023.
1. Who really replaces Api?
2. who replaces Kikau
3. How do put 3 fine wingers into 2 positions? May's contract ends does he want to be part of the team, no sour taste cause of Tyrone?

All valid questions that need to be answered ASAP

Fangs

Coach
Luke is clearly in contention. Has been in the 21 a number of times this year. Good luck to him. Would be great to see that spine.

Iamback

Coach
Why ASAP?

The amount of guys we have off contract. We either need to keep them or replace them. If we are replacing Kiks and Api internally then gives more to play with for the rest.

Guys not contracted for next year:

May
Salmon
Eisenhuth
C.Crichton
Jennings
Falls
SOS
Luke
Blacker
Smith x 2
Hopgood

The amount of guys we have off contract. We either need to keep them or replace them. If we are replacing Kiks and Api internally then gives more to play with for the rest.

May
Salmon
Eisenhuth
C.Crichton
Jennings
Falls
SOS
Luke
Blacker
Smith x 2
Hopgood
I see a reason to keep them all

May
Salmon
Eisenhuth
C.Crichton
Jennings
Falls
SOS
Luke
Blacker
Smith x 2
Hopgood
But the answers to those questions are already there; the brains trust know what direction they are heading. They just haven’t told us. That obviously evolves as more things occur this season, but to suggest there isn’t a plan because they haven’t informed the all-knowing Franklin is just a bit silly.

So I ask the question again; why do they need to tell US ASAP what they are doing? Rd 1 2023 is c10 months away.

Iamback

Coach
But the answers to those questions are already there; the brains trust know what direction they are heading. They just haven’t told us. That obviously evolves as more things occur this season, but to suggest there isn’t a plan because they haven’t informed the all-knowing Franklin is just a bit silly.

So I ask the question again; why do they need to tell US ASAP what they are doing? Rd 1 2023 is c10 months away.

Well take Hopgood.
He is from QLD the perfect target for Dolphins.
The sooner he is locked up - assuming they want that the better

It doesn't mean he plays Round 1 but gets the roster closer to being complete.